~~titanium fairing bolts from pro-bolt~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Promised grab I would post the fairing bolt kit from PRO-BOLT. The size of the button head bolts are quite a bit larger than stock. I used all the washers and plastic spacers with every bolt installed. With the washers the heads stick out just a little but it looks good.

There are no instructions for where goes to what. I used them where ever they could be seen. Case in point the lower tail wing under the exhaust/rear shock mount. Hidden from view.

Instead I used them in the front fender, rear tail and chain guard areas. Also used on the two (2) windscreen bolts and the inner panels.

Although quite expensive to purchase they do catch the educated on looker. Not for everyone but I love them. Some people like Chrome. I like Titanium.

hogger...

100_0010.JPG

They look good man! I really like the way they fit. It just sucks all the bolts for the farings dont come included. I really what to do something with the franken bolts.

They look good man! I really like the way they fit. It just sucks all the bolts for the farings dont come included. I really what to do something with the franken bolts.
grab, not sure what you are looking for but there are enough for the fairing and for the seat.

Instead of using bolts in areas where they would not be seen ie: underwing I used them in other areas like the tail and front fender. In fact there is more than enough for the fairing thus the bolts in wind screen.

I used one long bolt in the front of the chain guard and two short in the rear of the chain guard.

I have one long and one short left over and a few washers. All in all more than enough.

Hope this helps explain a little better.

hogger...

I bet he's talking about the helmet holder bolts. The ones that stick out from the tail section on either side of the pilots seat. The grab bar has two also. Never understood their purpose. I would love to get rid of my frankenbolts too. I have been looking around. It's an 8mm machine bolt thread but the head is huge and seems to help hold the tail section together and possibly support rider/passenger weight. Definately want to have an appropriate replacement bolt. Possibly recessed into the hole or flush with the tail section would be awsome. The stock bolts seem to be a torx bit/star driver head but it's not a normal size. The number 27 is loose and the 30 is too big to go in so removing these bolts might be a challenge. Anyone have any cool tricks/ ideas?

I bet he's talking about the helmet holder bolts. The ones that stick out from the tail section on either side of the pilots seat. The grab bar has two also. Never understood their purpose. I would love to get rid of my frankenbolts too. I have been looking around. It's an 8mm machine bolt thread but the head is huge and seems to help hold the tail section together and possibly support rider/passenger weight. Definately want to have an appropriate replacement bolt. Possibly recessed into the hole or flush with the tail section would be awsome. The stock bolts seem to be a torx bit/star driver head but it's not a normal size. The number 27 is loose and the 30 is too big to go in so removing these bolts might be a challenge. Anyone have any cool tricks/ ideas?
I have seen flush type bolts for the tail section on eBay. Like everything else they are pricey.

hogger...

Back