titanium blueing

blas32

Registered
My titanium Akra mid pipe is blueing, I think it looks pretty cool. What do you guys think?

Dsc00053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My header pipes are now blueing on my Muzzys exhaust.
A while back, Kerberos said my pipes were not tit-nium cuz they were not blue. Well, they are now, so
eatme.gif
Kerbie!!!
Will take pics later.
hmmm.gif

Looks cool. Reminds me of the old days when we slapped a Vance & Hines header on and watched the pipes turn blue because we couldn't get the carb-jetting right.
crazy.gif

Titanium is great, but it's not for me, I'm a stainless steel type of guy. As mush as I like to keep my bike clean I would probably try and polish the blue off of the pipe all the time.
I know it seems anal or seems like I'm a little bit out there but I like things shiney.
crazy.gif

Titanium is great, but it's not for me, I'm a stainless steel type of guy. As mush as I like to keep my bike clean I would probably try and polish the blue off of the pipe all the time.
I know it seems anal or seems like I'm a little bit out there but I like things shiney.  
crazy.gif
Don't sweat it Henryace. I'm willing to bet that there are many others that feel the same way, especially about the Busa. If you're anal, then I'm probably an "a$$hole".

Brian

oh no, thats not good when the pipe does that. That means that your engine is running extremely rich, and that there is a problem with your FI computer, and your injectors are going bad. Not good dood, get your bike into the dealer ASAP

Mike

ps--- sike! that looks sw33t!

oh no, thats not good when the pipe does that. That means that your engine is running extremely rich, and that there is a problem with your FI computer, and your injectors are going bad. Not good dood, get your bike into the dealer ASAP

Mike

ps--- sike! that looks sw33t!
if stainless steel turns blue, then you may have a problem, but ALL titanium pipes do that. it is normal.

I noticed your picture dated 1/19/03 had a stock foot peg. The picture from 1/21/03 had a different footpeg. What kind is it, and do find it has more vibration with out the rubber and weight on the bottom?

B. Ray
idea.gif

My pipes are still stock on the Busa.... When I had the V Max with the stainless steel header it turned gold... I guess Im liking the idea of quiet and very very fast. The Max had a great sound it sounded like a built V8 chevy with headers. Sue said at night she could hear me for miles and loved the sound. Some of the neighbors were a little pissy about the sound and I was catching sh-t for being the cop with the loud bike.

I noticed your picture dated 1/19/03 had a stock foot peg.  The picture from 1/21/03 had a different footpeg.  What kind is it, and do find it has more vibration with out the rubber and weight on the bottom?

B. Ray
idea.gif
You have a great eye! Yes, I got the pegs at the dealer and put them on before I took that picture. They are the Pro Tek prolite and its amazing how heavy the stock pegs are. Only rode my bike 75 miles with them on and did not notice any vibration.

Back