tires - which do you prefer

• Pirelli Diablos

Votes: 66 100.0%
  • Michelin Pilot Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ran stock and 2 sets of Pilot Powers. The only change I will make is to 2CT's.

Longer to heat up? My Diabs sick instantly out of the garage. I can't imagine Mich's doing that, but I guess it's possible. I still think Pirelli is stickier, but maybe I've turned into a fanboy or something. besides, the name sounds cooler! biggrin.gif

nice article. weird how Pirelli is very good tires, but don't seem as well known or sell as well as the PP. see the vote above as example. also weird how the Metzeler line - which is owned by Pirelli and many claim is the exact same rubber - didn't rate as well. Riding the M3's myself right now, does not "feel" the same as the Diablos to me. I don't feel as safe, confident and planted on the M3's as I did my Diablos. I plan to mount the Corsa III's next [dual compound] and suspect that will be a great ride also.

I will say, that article seems to be more about track style tires than standard sport tires so there are differences to be found between those styles.

I just got my pilot powers today and I think I like the Pirellis better myself!! But I haven't ridden very far today, so I'm going to give them a chance and see what happens.Will keep you posted!!

no no no. I'm bumping this up. I want everyone to have a chance to read the tester article, and see how Pirelli dominated the top two positions. 29 - 5 huh? ;)

yeah, I wished they'd reviewed the Qualifiers, but I guess their idea of trackday/street Dunlops was the GP's which came in tied for first.

Love the performance of the M3, but only have the stock BT56 to compare it to. Feels well planted and confidence inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back