tires - which do you prefer

• Pirelli Diablos

Votes: 66 100.0%
  • Michelin Pilot Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like them both about the same. But i like the New Qualifiers better than the 2 you had listed.

And i got about the same mileage from all 3, might be a bit less on the Qualifiers, bu not by much, and there cheeper.

That's all based on upkeep and the rider. I'm getting 3500 on the rear, slightly aggressive rider, front, probably 15K unless I keep going to The Busa Bash, also known as The Blonde Bash.

Michelin PP 2CTs

I did't vote because I've never tried the Diablos.

I like the way the PP's make the Busa feel....makes it feel lighter due to the triangulated profile.

I don't know if it is our pavement up here in the PNW, or my right wrist, or a combo of both... I went thru 2 rear OE B56's and one front in the first 5600 miles. Then I went to PP's. She's got right at 7800 miles now, and I am 2/32nd's away from the wear bars on both ends.... No...I don't commute. No flat spot in the middle...they are worn about as evenly as you can get.

I'll probably put another set of PP's on it tho.....just like the way they handle.

I like the stickie feel of Pirelli street Diablos. They don't last but I don't care about milage when twisting the throttle for fun. I have never tried the PP and won't because I have heard and personally witnessed them getting to "greasy" when pushed at the race track [road corse] so I have no interest. The track feel consensus of the Pirelli line is that is was predictably correctable. That said, I am sure Mich outsells Pirelli 10 to 1 thanks to marketing.

If you guys don't think you are treating the street like a track, take a second look

I just can't force myself to buy anything FRENCH  mad.gif . But, I love the I-tals  jump9.gif

Running pilot powers, love the fast turn in from the tire profile. Makes the bike feel much lighter in switchbacks.

(mjn @ May 10 2007,17:50) I did't vote because I've never tried the Diablos.

I like the way the PP's make the Busa feel....makes it feel lighter due to the triangulated profile.

I don't know if it is our pavement up here in the PNW, or my right wrist, or a combo of both... I went thru 2 rear OE B56's and one front in the first 5600 miles.

I'll probably put another set of PP's on it tho.....just like the way they handle.
damn bro two BTs in 5600 miles-- now that takes some doing! I burned thru mine around 4500 or so miles and switched over the PPs ever since. I been getting around 3-3 1/2k miles on them. Don't see much reason to change to another tire personally. Love em.

Voted for Michelin only because you didn't have the stock "Bridgestone" option. jump9.gif

Michelin Pilot DOT RACE Medium compounds.

I get 3-4 trackdays and they're completely toast. Maybe 1500 miles street.

Never used either one because I'm still on my Metzeler Sportec M1s. This poll should have been a little more broad. Topic should have been just simply "Pilot Powers vs Diablos... which do you prefer?rock.gif "

But I can actually say that I'm looking at trying out set of Pilot Powers on my next set.

I just put on set of PP 2CT's - they are great. I got 5k out of my regular PP rear tire. beerchug.gif

I had a set of Diablos on recently - 2400k out of rear until cord exposed - no burn outs. They took longer to heat up too. guns.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back