Tires

Hero

Registered
As a proud new owner of a 2005 Busa I am very curious about the quality of the stock Bridgestone's. I do like to lean the bike over quite a bit but I don't want to push it till I get some feedback from some experienced Busa riders. I had Pilot Powers on my ZX-6R and they were like glue; I don't want to expect more from the tires than they are capable of. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Just my opinion but I am not a big fan of any Bridgestone tire.
After only 2,500 miles I was replacing the stock set. I am now running Metzeler Sportec M-1 and I am very happy with both the grip and wear of the tire.
grim.gif

Welcome to the board. I have had pretty good luck with the stock ones, but I'm sure I don't lean as much as you probably will want to.

I LIKE THE STOCK TIRES , WEAR IS ALLRIGHT FOR A BIKE WITH SO MUCH POWER AND GRIP IS PRETTY GOOD. I LEAN OVER TO THE EDGE OF THE TIRE AND THEVE NEVER LET ME DOWN , OR SHOULD I SAY OFF?  ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKE EVERY ONE WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT OPPINION FROM HATING THEM TO LOVING THEM. IF YOU WANT MORE WEAR , YAH YOU NEED TO CHANGE THEM , IF YOU WANT THE MAXIMUM GRIP AND IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MUCH WEAR YOU GET OUT OF THEM , YOU SHOULD GET A SOFTER COMPOUND, AND IF YOU PULL THEM OFF SOON LET ME KNOW  I NEED A NEW REAR TIRE.   I GO THROUGH ABOUT THREE REARS TO ONE FRONT.

Dont know enough about the latest model tires. Back in the day I would only ride on Metzler Comp K's and they stuck like glue. Still got the stock Bridgetons on mine and will wait and see how they do. From what I have read on this board the Pilots and the sportecs seem to be the ones to go with.

Me, I gotta wait until I wear mine out before I move to a good tire.

Congrats on the bike

Long wear, no stick!!!Get rid of them a nd get a set of pirelli super corsas!
smile.gif

Welcome to the board. The BT56's are ok for now. When you wear those out check into the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's or the Michelin Pilot Powers.

Their ok.I got 5500 miles on mine ,but that was all the way down to the wear bars and then she let me off LOL.And that wasnt fun ! .just remember that tires are between you and the ground and it well worth paying a little more a better quaility tire everone has their own tire they like thats because they have tried a few but remember too that they also have different riding styles to. I myself are fixing to try a set of Avons we see how those are then i will try a set of Pilots .
peace.

Back