Tired of trying mirrors for busa. Had all the popular choices.

I think the Honda Blackbird 1100XX mirrors are tits!! The Gen IIs should have been different and come with these.

IMG_20120211_172522.jpg

IMG_20120211_172501.jpg
those things are just way too big! they look like something ud see on a Gold Wing???

I spent $160 on two CRG bar end mirrors for my 14. Just picked these M-Factory bar end mirrors up off of Ebay for about $20. Look identical to CRG except the folding pivot is better on the knockoff than the real CRG. These babies are a couple tenths/ounce heavier than CRG. Came with the bar end inserts for bar end weight elimination.....that insert is an extra part that cost you $12 with CRGs.
MfctryBEmirorsweightJPG_zps6bd99719.jpg

Only thing that sucks about the knockoffs (and it is a biggy,,,) they are painted instead of anodized. NIce smooth coat but gonna need touch ups fro time to time I'm sure.

I love my CRGs. Have not installed the M-Factory on the busa but cannot tell any dif in the mirror image quality between the CRG and M-factory.

Picked up a set of these from E-Bay for a few dollars. Again, they are painted, not anodized but I saw identical pieces for $60.
mirorcapswght_zps3d01aa72.jpg

I want at least one of everything Magical Racing makes, now.

Ok, maybe price is an object. ???

The helmet mounted mirrors are interesting, in an insectoid way. Bug antennae.

There are options here guys, thanks for the suggestions.

I think I will agonize for a few weeks then get the magicals.

Meanwhile I will get spacers for the stockers and the convex stickon mirrors.

Thanks.

Thanks.

If you interested in being the first cause I don't think anyone has tried it

Thanks.
Well I have the MR mirrors, spacers for OEMs, and "still in package" convex stick on blind spot mirrors. You can have them all to your door for 250.00. The MR mirrors are Type 1 heads w/ super long elbow stems, I didn't need spacers with these. They are new, just put them on the bike less than a month ago. I paid 389.00 for pair (cause of super long stems) plus S/H from Japan (actually embarrassed to say over 50.00 S/H)!!! The spacers are delrin from a dealer on the web and are even marked L&R they are good as new, the little blind spots are anti-glare and were intended for OEMs but never opened and installed so they just sit in a drawer. Take it all, I'm not going to be using them again. I just bought a Rizoma Spy-R and will be using that as soon as I get the mirror block off plates. I took a big hit when I tried the LighTech mirrors from OPP Racing (they were not convex so I gave 'em a shot), I then used the matching painted OEMs w/ spacers. Now the MRs but I secure my bike behind a fairly narrow gate and with the MRs adjusted right (wide) they would hit going thru, so I had to loosen 2 hex to store away my bike. That's when I realized a few of my friends are using bar-ends, so here I go again. I am just giving a heads up, I found this thread when I came to the .org the other night to search out info etc on bar-end mirrors. I will be taking pics of the bike tomorrow with the mirrors on, and will have to take more pics of them removed as well to post on craigslist anyway, but if someone on the .org wants this stuff let me know.

I call dibs, I would like to see them. You could email me the pics jhw at jeffwalker.org please, sir?
I am a wide dude and I really like to watch behind me.

That helmet with the integrated rear view is very cool, also. Looking at that now...

Thanks!

Well I have the MR mirrors, spacers for OEMs, and "still in package" convex stick on blind spot mirrors. You can have them all to your door for 250.00. The MR mirrors are Type 1 heads w/ super long elbow stems, I didn't need spacers with these. They are new, just put them on the bike less than a month ago. I paid 389.00 for pair (cause of super long stems) plus S/H from Japan (actually embarrassed to say over 50.00 S/H)!!! The spacers are delrin from a dealer on the web and are even marked L&R they are good as new, the little blind spots are anti-glare and were intended for OEMs but never opened and installed so they just sit in a drawer. Take it all, I'm not going to be using them again. I just bought a Rizoma Spy-R and will be using that as soon as I get the mirror block off plates. I took a big hit when I tried the LighTech mirrors from OPP Racing (they were not convex so I gave 'em a shot), I then used the matching painted OEMs w/ spacers. Now the MRs but I secure my bike behind a fairly narrow gate and with the MRs adjusted right (wide) they would hit going thru, so I had to loosen 2 hex to store away my bike. That's when I realized a few of my friends are using bar-ends, so here I go again. I am just giving a heads up, I found this thread when I came to the .org the other night to search out info etc on bar-end mirrors. I will be taking pics of the bike tomorrow with the mirrors on, and will have to take more pics of them removed as well to post on craigslist anyway, but if someone on the .org wants this stuff let me know.
Hey, one more thing..I meant to say they WOULD'VE hit going thru ( No way I was gonna try to squeeze that kinda money thru and risk damage) ..all I know is no way they'd clear w/o getting out the allen wrench. Crazy moto luck again! One fold away bar end mirror and that's it I'm done with the whole mirror thing now for sure. Besides I gotta save for that carbon gas tank at OPP racing and those BST wheels right?! :laugh:

I bought Trex02s Magical Racing Mirrors from him and with the extensions they are perfect, Thank you Trex02! What great timing. Love them. I will post pics, it has just been bad weather and I hate to post bad pictures.

i use the emgo gixxer knockoff types with a harbor freight 1" circle mirror for the blind side on my left. works flawlessly! i would sand the piss out of your emgo's and look online for a flex primer used for plastic called "bulldog" i believe and then paint. that should hold well if done right. found it>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back