Tired of the bickering and good people bailing on this board

How do we keep this forum alive? We are nearing self destruct mode.

• Remove all the threads that are not specifically bike related.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Keep all the "non bike" related threads and wait the short time until this forum gets shut down.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Some other: please post.

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters

mike1180

Banned
Lets drop the "Random Thoughts" and all other topics that don't have anything to do with bikes and Busas, before Cap and the other mods shut this thing down?
This place is for bikers to learn about bikes and skills and techniques about biking and especially Hayabusas.
We went wrong somehow and have lost a lot of that.
If you don’t want to learn about bikes and Busas, we would like you to go somewhere else.
Comments?

Last edited:
I would disagree. This place is also a place to meet some really great people and get to know them. It doesn't have to be ALL about the bike ???

Yes, I also disagree. I think Random Thoughts is a good thread to have. I think Cap & the other admins do a good job of gettin the rifraff out & I say "let it ride"
Posted via Mobile Device

I would disagree. This place is also a place to meet some really great people and get to know them. It doesn't have to be ALL about the bike ???

Yes but that is obviously not working.
It strays daily from it's intended purpose, and we can all meet new people as we discuss our common interest - Busas.

Good question Mike. I dont have the easy answer. I dont like seeing my friends leave either.

It strays daily from it's intended purpose, and we can all meet new people as we discuss our common interest - Busas.

It has strayed a lot lately because the mods and admins get so much grief for trying to keep things relatively civil...we all got sick of being blamed for the problems, so we let a lot of stuff go lately and I see it's gotten us absolutely no where...

Simple fact is this - we will not all ever agree on everything and the mods/admins here will never please everyone...finding that balance has been tough in the last year, or you guys all got more moody or something :laugh:

Just sayin' :whistle:

If you take those sections away people will just start posting irrelevant cra p in the so-called bike sections. That in turn will lead to more bickering by the self appointed forum police fussing at people for posting in the wrong section.

Then you'll get into the arguments of not staying on topic and having to read through a bunch of chit chat posts to find all the info one needs on a certain subject. Random thoughts is good to have. Members just need to have more self discipline.

I say keep the random thoughts but if you dont want to read them no one is forcing you... There are some great people here and I just dont read certian threads if I think its going to bother me... has worked well so far!

Kidding aside, what's always been nice about this board is that so many topics were discussed in random thoughts, and even the heated ones would reel themselves back in. Differing perspectives would never fully agree or see eye-to-eye, but there was always a healthy respect for what was being discussed, even if you didn't agree. Seems lately that respect is all but gone and we have a lot of members that just want to belittle one another and force their set of values and beliefs as final say.

We all know I'm the one with final final say, right? RIGHT? :poke:

Everything can't be unicorns and rainbows. You're going to have every walk of life pop in and spout off about anything and everything...and you can't account for some folks kids. Cinch up your flame proof pants and hold on, not everyone is going to be civil, mature, or intelligent in their responses. Trying to moderate all of that will not only be a sucky job but might even stifle the board. Just my .02...

crybaby.jpg

Everything can't be unicorns and rainbows. You're going to have every walk of life pop in and spout off about anything and everything...and you can't account for some folks kids. Cinch up your flame proof pants and hold on, not everyone is going to be civil, mature, or intelligent in their responses. Trying to moderate all of that will not only be a sucky job but might even stifle the board. Just my .02...

So because we don't care to moderate it, we will tolerate not being "civil, mature, or intelligent in thier responses", and that somehow may "stifle the board".
Justify that to me please.
The threads that you advocate ignoring also affect the rest of us.
The board was shut down for a while due to improper behavior, and it wasn't in the bike related threads.
My observation is all the trouble is in the threads that are not bike related.
Someone prove me wrong on this.

Last edited:
So because we don't care to moderate it, we will tolerate not being "civil, mature, or intelligent in thier responses", and that somehow may "stifle the board".

We are back to taking the reigns on this, but just remember that we don't catch every single post that offends someone, so we do rely on the mature members here to either self-moderate some (just think before you spout off) or report a post to us so we can take a look...

I can tell you from experience, taking the random forum away will not fix this problem, any more than taking the political forum away stifled the political jabs where ever they could be placed...it is best to try to keep it somewhat contained, if possible, and moderate the rest...

It is pretty simple. When you see something you disagree with be it politics, religion, the fastest color or any other random thought, you can comment or not comment. If you comment then deal with the reply other wise stop complaining. You are an adult no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to even open a thread let alone reply to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is it possible for a "Random Thoughts" thread to stray?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not trying to justify anything...just making an observation. Here's another observation...Bogus was one of the biggest pot stirrers on this board and the irony of him wussing out publicly is in my opinion worthy of ridicule.

We are back to taking the reigns on this, but just remember that we don't catch every single post that offends someone, so we do rely on the mature members here to either self-moderate some (just think before you spout off) or report a post to us so we can take a look...

I can tell you from experience, taking the random forum away will not fix this problem, any more than taking the political forum away stifled the political jabs where ever they could be placed...it is best to try to keep it somewhat contained, if possible, and moderate the rest...

True, but if you want that job, you are welcome to it, but it is gathering momentum against your moderating, and the mods are getting frustrated (hence the shut down) so unless you want to do much more of what you are doing, there needs to be some other method in place to curb that behavior.

Back