Tired of front rotor noise

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Not sure if other bikes have this issue but every time you clamp down on the front brakes there was a rather distinct noise. I looked at the rotors and the holes were never chamfered . So I just took at 3/8 drill bit and did a once around and chamfered the holes... noise gone... seems they would have done this during the machining process

I did this

front_after.JPG

Gunny... your way costs to much... i'm quiet tired of my front rotors just making noise period... doesent matter if i'm on the brakes or not...

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 14 2007,14:59) Gunny... your way costs to much...  i'm quiet tired of my front rotors just making noise period... doesent matter if i'm on the brakes or not...
Do you change your own pads? If so DONT use the pad glue like they use on cars, it will make your pads tick as you ride also be sure to lube the calipers and pads.

I rather not change rotors ($$$) the noise is from the small burr that is on the edge of each hole (rub thy finger over hole) just annoying to hear that funky buzz saw noise. I did not remove the tire from the bike and not every hole got the treatment. The holes on the inside of the rotors are a bit tough to get at and just a brush with the drill bit seemed to do the trick.
The outside holes were not molested either, simple touch of the bit was all that was needed. The rotors cut very easily so little or no pressure is needed
rotor1.jpg

Yes Wave rotors are my next purchase. I hear alot more brake noise with the EBC HH pads on the stock Rotor. Didnt hear the whine sound with the stock pads. Then again the stock pads didnt stop the bike either.

Back