Tire, which one is "made" for the busa 198MM??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered

I know I saw the answer before, but can't find the post...

There is a tire that has a 3rd (extra) ply to handle to top speed of the bike, and is wider actual measures 198mm, but is sold as the stock 190.

What one is that?

and is it still a good choice?

Thanks

The OEM tire measures 198 mm (Bridgestone BT56- 190). I believe there is a specific model of the BT56 which can handle the additional weight of the 'busa to provide decent tire mileage.

there are a few mentions busa in their specs. Metzler, bridgestone and michelin I've found so far. but they cost more because they have stiffer sidewalls for high speed stability?? Well so they say.

I know I saw the answer before, but can't find the post...

There is a tire that has a 3rd (extra) ply to handle to top speed of the bike, and is wider actual measures 198mm, but is sold as the stock 190.

What one is that?

and is it still a good choice?

Thanks
The original tire is a BT-56 "J" spec tire. It is sold as a 190 but actually measures 198mm.

The Michelin HPX was the tire designed for the Busa and the ZX12. I have used them and they are a great tire.

IMO, the best street tire on the market is the Pilot Power. Excellent balance of milage vs stick.

yep, the M1-P is hayabusa specific. I never use them. Too expensive ($30 more) and the regular M1 is closer to 190, better in the twisties. This pig is hard enough to get from side to side quickly with the 190....let alone going wider. From what I hear, the "p" gets no better mileage either. They'll tell you it's for high speed stability, hogwash....the regular M1 is smooth as silk at 170, tested weekly by......me!

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136298657 -->

OEM is bt-56

Metzler sportec m1 has a hayabusa specifc tire.

As far as is 198mm made for the busa. All depends what you want out of it. Some here go larger than 200 some go to 180.

That's what's great about the Busa, it can do it all! Put on the tire that reflects your riding style
biggrin.gif

OE BT56 J's been okay for me they seems to last arond 2600 miles. I ordered another one for 125 + shipping off the net.

yep, the M1-P is hayabusa specific. I never use them. Too expensive ($30 more) and the regular M1 is closer to 190, better in the twisties. This pig is hard enough to get from side to side quickly with the 190....let alone going wider. From what I hear, the "p" gets no better mileage either. They'll tell you it's for high speed stability, hogwash....the regular M1 is smooth as silk at 170, tested weekly by......me!
You can feel the difference of 8 mm ?

OEM is bt-56

Metzler sportec m1 has a hayabusa specifc tire.

As far as is 198mm made for the busa. All depends what you want out of it. Some here go larger than 200 some go to 180.

That's what's great about the Busa, it can do it all! Put on the tire that reflects your riding style
biggrin.gif
My riding style is, launch at the lights (no burn outs)

Power out of turns so I lift the front end, and sometime drift out the back a bit (Love that feeling!)

-a few twisties (but can't scape my knee, not that level)

& get stuck in the rain a few times.

(My tire's have little wear on the sides, and bald in the middle he he!!)

So what tire do you guys think?

Sounds like everyone does like the M1's
smile.gif

Back