Tire shine on motorcycle tires.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I was cruisinig through town today and i spot a HD guy cleaning his hog. He was going to town with the tire shine. Everywhere! Those were some shiny cycle tires, and his seat was gleeming too.

I figured everyone knew of the hazards of tireshine and motorcycles. I guess i was wrong.

Pass the hotshine!
crazy.gif

The only tire shine my bike gets is a stiff scrub brush and hot soapy water. Wish you had a pic of that, we could save it to match it up to crash pics in a month or so.

Don

+1 on the pic Don!!!

My dad does this all the time to his HD, I try to explain it to him but he insists that it makes it look better and dows not affect performance.

He tells me that it comes off after a few miles. That just gives him an excuse to polish the chrome again.
laugh.gif

I dont get it and always keep a safe following distance.

Yeah just like a sign that says wet paint and a wall with finger prints on it.

It's okay on HD's.... they always ride in a strait up position. Even when turning
biggrin.gif

ok not really

Hell I thought they got a big trailer and pulled them from bar to bar.

I am seldom amazed by people and what they do...

Warning labels crack me up...

Is it necassery to warn people not to ingest draino? Kerosene? Ligher fluid? Fertilizer?

You don't see people going around and eating dog Sh@t? and there is no warning label on that.

It should be common sense not to put slippery substances on a tire but go figure.

Think about it............ Every time you see a warning label that means that somebody, somewhere did exactly that. Then sued the company for their ignorant behavior. With Dog Sh! there's usually no dog around to sue so................
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yes, there is a warning label I've seen about eating yellow snow.......................

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

HEY GUYS I HAVE MY TIRES ALL SHINED UP AND ITS JUST LIKE DRIFTING. PUT ALOT ON MY SEAT ALSO TO MAKE IT SHINE NOW I CAN SCOOT MY BIG HINEY ACROSS THE SEAT.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! THIS IS FUN.
all_coholic.gif

Hey Paul... was it Rick? Maybe he can try running from the cops like that!
firedevil.gif

(WWJD @ Sep. 28 2006,08:15) It's okay on HD's.... they always ride in a strait up position.  Even when turning  
biggrin.gif

ok not really
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

maybe the h.d. guys put the shine to the tires so they can do a knee drag, they need all the help they can get with that 80 to 90 horsepower brute.

(Projekt @ Sep. 28 2006,16:47) It won't affect them due to the way they RIDE.
Remember it's a HD, no lean available, no power = NO PROBLEM. Ya gotta have some power and lean angle to get into touble. Anyway, just like children, they're so close to the ground the fall isn't very far  
laugh.gif

Back