tire recomendations

too many toys

Registered
It looks like I will have to get some new tires soon. My stock battlax tires seem to be wearing out rather quickly. What tires are you guys running? I am looking for good handling and some kind of durability.

I am currently running the 2ct. I love the tires and they are wearing well... ok as well as a tire can wear on a busa:rofl:

My BT-56s want away in 2400 miles, not unusual. Got a set of BT-021s next and they, for the lack of a better term, sucked. Do a search, lotta threads on BT-021s.
Now I have a Pilot Power on the front and a Pilot Road 2 on the rear. PP front grips very well and gives good feed back so far (I'm sure someone will be along in a bit with different thoughts on Michelins:laugh:) and the Road 2 rear is wearing very well. 1700 miles so far with very little noticable wear on the middles. This pairing has worked best for me so far for mixing corner grip and longer wear.:thumbsup:

Choose your tires wisely. You don't get good grip and long life in the same tire. It just doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind, one tipover due to poor traction will cost more than all the $$$$ you will save over the life of the bike by running touring tires.

I've had good service from Continentals Road Attack on the 'busa. I bought them after reading a review on Canyonchasers.net
I got 4000 miles from a set and was impressed with the quicker turn in that I noticed over the stock Bridgestones. They also happened to be noticeably cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Powers that I have had good service from on my 600. Not so sure on life span of Pilot Powers on heavy & somewhat powerful bikes as I owned a FJR1300 several years ago and they seemed to wear pretty quickly. I sold the bike before the tires wore out so unable to know if this was just my perception or if they were wearing quickly. Hear lots of positive about the Dunlop Qualifier, never had a set though... I ride the twisties pretty hard and like the grip of the Continentals pretty well but it seems like there are a lot of really good tires out there now a days, good luck and let us know what you buy and how they work out for you !:beerchug:

metzler z6 road tec, excellent stick, excellent wear.

cheers
ken

I've had good service from Continentals Road Attack on the 'busa. I bought them after reading a review on Canyonchasers.net
I got 4000 miles from a set and was impressed with the quicker turn in that I noticed over the stock Bridgestones. They also happened to be noticeably cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Powers that I have had good service from on my 600. Not so sure on life span of Pilot Powers on heavy & somewhat powerful bikes as I owned a FJR1300 several years ago and they seemed to wear pretty quickly. I sold the bike before the tires wore out so unable to know if this was just my perception or if they were wearing quickly. Hear lots of positive about the Dunlop Qualifier, never had a set though... I ride the twisties pretty hard and like the grip of the Continentals pretty well but it seems like there are a lot of really good tires out there now a days, good luck and let us know what you buy and how they work out for you !:beerchug:

+1 on the conti road attacks. I went from Avon Azaro's to Storms to Road Attacks. When the time comes, I'll buy the Road Attacks again.

dunlaps and bridgestones get good reviews, powers are used a lot but grease out when REALLY pushed, avon shinko seem to work for the drag crowd, metzelers are great all arounder, ima Pirelli fanboy for stick but they never last long...

in the end, depends on what you do and how you do it

oh i also tried the HPX but they warmed up too slow and felt to slick for my tastes

Last edited:
I was reading about the Diablo Corsas, but none of you guys seem to run them. I have 3300 miles on my 07 and I only have about 2 mil left on the back tire before the treadbar comes through. I dont race, stunt or do burnouts and am a little surprised at how fast they wore out. Maybe its because I am 270 lbs? OK, so durability and grip dont go hand in hand.Thats fine. I guess I would rather have a tire that will perform when I need it to.

you need the Michelin Pilot Road 2. These are great tires. We ride to work and hit the twisties quite abit and these tires have been the best so far. I have a little over 4000 on the rear so far and it still looks great. My friend has 8000 on his rear now and should get a couple of thousand more out of it. I have been through alot of tires, 43000 miles on my bike so far, I dont think you will be dissapointed with this tire. Look on the Michelin web site to get more info. good luck with your choice.

BT014 works for me. Aggressive street riding and an occasional track day. You get pretty good and consistent traction. Mileage wise - 4k-6k from the rear, 5k-8k from the front - depending how you ride, that's including a couple of track days.

you need the Michelin Pilot Road 2. These are great tires. We ride to work and hit the twisties quite abit and these tires have been the best so far. I have a little over 4000 on the rear so far and it still looks great. My friend has 8000 on his rear now and should get a couple of thousand more out of it. I have been through alot of tires, 43000 miles on my bike so far, I dont think you will be dissapointed with this tire. Look on the Michelin web site to get more info. good luck with your choice.

I'm leaning that way too.
What other tires did you have to compare them against?

Thanks!

It looks like I will have to get some new tires soon. My stock battlax tires seem to be wearing out rather quickly. What tires are you guys running? I am looking for good handling and some kind of durability.

Depends on type of ridings you do. If you don't do twisties often and aggresively enough, buying expensive performance tire is waste of money. IMHO.

Back