Tire Pressure?

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys:

What tire pressure are you running for the track (Road Course)? and for the street?

My bike was set like the factory manual says...42psi. But the bike feels like it is all over the place. I went to 32 psi, like I run on my 02 1k. Feels alittle better! ALso I need to play with the suspension on the bike, something I am not the best at!!!

I'm running at 42 p.s.i. on the street. Anything less, and it feels squirrelly as all get-out. I've had it up to 150+m.p.h., and it felt like it was on rails SWEET!

Have not done a track day yet, as I'm not sure if the BT-015s are up to the task.

40 psi on the street... 160+ mph no problem
thumb_up.gif

40-42cold for commuting and touring

35-38cold for twisty canyons

28-34cold trackdays

For twisty riding and especially trackdays, air/pavement temperature is a big factor. At trackdays, I typically start with a best guess cold psi. Then I adjust/check the psi almost every time I pit to 36 HOT front and rear.

For twisty/trackday riding with cold PSIs, the rear should always be 1-3 PSI less than the front. Most riders generally put more heat into the rear than the front, especially the Busa.
winkold.gif

40-42cold  for commuting and touring

35-38cold  for twisty canyons

28-34cold  trackdays

For twisty riding and especially trackdays, air/pavement temperature is a big factor.  At trackdays, I typically start with a best guess cold psi.  Then I adjust/check the psi almost every time I pit to 36 HOT front and rear.  

For twisty/trackday riding with cold PSIs, the rear should always be 1-3 PSI less than the front.  Most riders generally put more heat into the rear than the front, especially the Busa.  
winkold.gif
thumb_up.gif

A wise man once said: It's a shame we grow old so soon and wise so late!
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys!!! I know this isn't my o2 1k, so I figured I would ask! Still learning to trust the big girl while going through corners.

Charles has it pretty well nailed. Make sure you compensate for your weight and any pillion you may have on board.

--Wag--

Thanks guys for the posting!!! I will play around with the pressures and go from there. I am 5'8" at 185lbs. and
cool.gif
not the typical busa rider that I see around here. Most are made to run the 1/4 mile or look the part.

Two up riding...42 psi f/r
Casual riding...40 psi f/r
Aggressive/Spirited riding...37-38 psi f/r
Track...N/A

I usually run mine at the factory 42 psi for back and for to work or around town. Feels like I am riding on bowling balls, but I like it. When I get out with the hooligans and start hitting the corners I drop it down to 39-36 psi depending on weather and road conditions. Reading up on these forums though it seems I might want to increase the front pressure just a bit. What is the theory behind that?

I'm running at 42 p.s.i. on the street. Anything less, and it feels squirrelly as all get-out. I've had it up to 150+m.p.h., and it felt like it was on rails SWEET!

Have not done a track day yet, as I'm not sure if the BT-015s are up to the task.
The BT-015's are more than up to the task. Very good traction tire.

If it's your first track day, your BT015's are most likely far more adequate than you.

I gave them a go on the track and found them to be very pleasing with 30 psi both ends. DSC02038.jpg]My Webpage[/URL]

I've heard that 42psi is max, not a recommendation for any particular type of riding.

I generally run in the low-to-mid 30's rear, and a couple more p's in the front.

In answer to your question, go with Charles' recommendations because he is a god who walks among us.

bowdown.gif

Back