Tire pressure

Isn't PSI based on the load/weight?  I'm torn between BT14's and powers.
IMO you can't go wrong with the 14's. I find the casing stiffer and more stable than the powers and for street riding you'll like the more round profile of the 14 over the pointed race profile of the power. I've found the 14 hard to beat for a good all around tire. Sticks just as good as the powers with much better feel.

My son's race partner took his new gixxer 1K to the track right out of the box with the stock suspension and stock 14's. He run 36's at Seattle's Pacific Raceways pretty consistantly. I challenge anyone to take a bone stock bike without even setting the suspension and run a better time on powers?

Load/Weight ratio is the controling factors for touring tires. For performance tires, psi is set to generate the proper amount of heat to achieve maximum grip.

36-38 psi front and back on Pilot Powers.
They warm up quick and stick like glue. I found the sharper race profile made my busa feel much lighter and way easier to throw down in a corner. So far I have 1800 miles on them with a combo of twisties and commuting mileage since April 2nd.
I ran the BT14's and they lasted 3500 miles to slick bald and they sucked in the corners (TOO HARD) and were useless when the air temp was below 50 F.
I ran m1's and only got 2500 miles and they were better than the BT14's but no comparison to the Pilot Powers.
If you like to corner hard, get Pilot Powers. I'm completely sold!!!
Just my opinion.
super.gif

Factory Bridgestone on front at 40 psi. Dunlop 208 on rear at 40 psi. I seem to get longer mileage on the rear with the Dunlop.

Pilot Powers

No track days as of yet for the Busa.

For City & Hwy miles I've used the following combo with good luck

40 psi front
38 psi rear

The Pilot Powers give excellent feedback, and Excellent wet-weather traction. On one of my last trips I had a side wind of about 50 mph, temps were in the High 30's, traveling on I-90 at 80 mph in heavy rain. The tires gave me such feedback, I was able to know when the tire was breaking free / slipping. Huge benefit in Not-So-Ideal conditions, and frankly I attribute the tires to keeping me from dumping her durring 14 hours in these conditions.

I knew when on several of the slippery over-passe's just how my bike was going to respond when the wind wanted to kick me over a full lane. While some of these over-passe's had large sweeping turns with slippery concrete, the tires let me know just how much I could counter steer the bike to fight the wind, while keeping some form of traction.

The Pilots heat up very fast compared to the stock tires, and the stock tires never gave me a confident feeling, as I never knew when they were going to loose traction. Of all the mods I've done, nothing means as much as the tires, as they are the only 2 things on your bike that contact's the pavement. So far I have about 2000 miles on the Pilots, and the are wearing better than expected. Sorry for the long post, but I cant stress enough how important good tires are, and just how darn good the Pilot Powers are compared to anything else I've tried.

John

Back