Tire Pressure?

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
Im running for the first time this friday and was wondering what is a good tire pressure to run the quarter on. Im running a stock bridgestone bt015 that comes with the genII out of the factory. Any feedback?

Keep it the same as you run on the street. Once you get more experience then make changes but for your first time out, if you aren't spinning no reason to drop the pressure...

Got busa thanks for all your input on all my threads you have been a great help. :thumbsup:

That battleax will spin..put it around 12-15psi and it should be ok.

He's was going to the track for his first time. Running that kind of pressure isn't going to do anything but hurt him. Not to mention stock wheelbase....why recommend that to him... ???

If you dont spin a little you aint leaving hard enuff.:laugh:I would say make a couple of passes to get the butter flys out, with the same psi, if your spinning start dropping 5psi at atime till it hooks.

Hell yes im addicted, already gave the wifey my christmas list which includes the brocks clutch mod and shinko 003 just to start things off. I spun a little bit in second gear but assume it might of been a little grease on the track.

Hell yes im addicted, already gave the wifey my christmas list which includes the brocks clutch mod and shinko 003 just to start things off. I spun a little bit in second gear but assume it might of been a little grease on the track.

I also spun hitting second 1 or 2 times. friday will be my second time out on the genII. I may drop the pressure just a little. I dont want to do a burnout and I think the tires are just a little cold for the 1-2 shift past the vht! (I also lowered for this trip b.t.w.)

Make sure you are driving around the water box and not through it. A light haze to clean it off usually works. If there is no VHT prep, you may need to drop the psi... ;)

Back