Tire pressure PSI with a 240 conversion....

Slowstang305

Registered
What is the recommended PSI to run with a 240 rear tire? From what I understand 40psi is pretty much ideal for the front but will 40psi be right for the back with a 240 rear? Im a big guy 6'3 245 right now and in hot FL if that matters.

What is the recommended PSI to run with a 240 rear tire? From what I understand 40psi is pretty much ideal for the front but will 40psi be right for the back with a 240 rear? Im a big guy 6'3 245 right now and in hot FL if that matters.
Recommended tire pressure will be stated on the tire. It varies by tire, but it'll probably be around 40 psi cold.

Recommended tire pressure will be stated on the tire. It varies by tire, but it'll probably be around 40 psi cold.
Yeah, just wondering if thats ideal. On my jeep I ran it at 29psi for best wear instead of the 36 stated on the tire. Tire says 42psi cold.

Yeah, just wondering if thats ideal. On my jeep I ran it at 29psi for best wear instead of the 36 stated on the tire. Tire says 42psi cold.
Manufacturer thinks it's ideal....lol
I certainly don't follow manufacturer recommended settings on everything, but a bike tire I do. Lower pressure=more traction, but at a cost of increased resistance and premature wear.

Back