Tire pressure lose

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got new tires on my car about a month ago. The max tire pressure listed on the side of the tire is 51lbs. I check them earlier today and there arounf 33-34 all the way around. The car is garage kept in upstate ny. It been chilly, but not bad. So, did they all lose 16-17 lbs in 5 weeks or did the dealer underfill them? A few PSI seems reasonable, but 16+?

Do you know for sure they put 51psi in them? That seems high unless this is some sort of tow rig. 35psi does sound to me like it would be the correct amount of air.

thats what it says on the tire, wrong? WRX-sti is the car, goodyear eagle tires. Seemed high to me too, but....

SANY1440.jpg

Last edited:
My truck tires say 80 lbs max but that doesn't mean they have to run that much, 55 unloaded is optimal for handling and tire life.

60 front and 70 rear is what is calls for under load.

Car tires are the same, the dealer might know a more optimal pressure for handling/llife of the tire for your vehicle characteristics.

Measure them again in a few days, my guess is they'll be close.

Last edited:
I bet they just put 35 in them. A car like that "looks" like it should be 35psi. My dads pt cruiser stock pressure is 44psi as are most low profile tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea thats just your max, my big nittos i think are like 90psi max, i run 55 in em, cold will drop em though, mine havent budged since i put em on 6 months ago, soon as it cooled off they were all down to 35 psi

there is a badge on your door sill or in your owners manual that says what you are to run in your tires unless you've changed wheel and tires sizes stay with what your manual says

I would stick with 38 psi. That's what I run on my wrx.

P.s. WWW.Nasioc.com
The hayabusa.org for your sti ;-)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Love me some bug-eye! And thanks for not callin it a pig-nose! Could never figure that one out!

Love me some bug-eye! And thanks for not callin it a pig-nose! Could never figure that one out!

Ive never even heard that.... i just realized i called mine wrong haha its a blob, not the best nickname haha

SANY1270.jpg

Nice! I kinda figured it had to be a blob unless you did a motor swap or lived in Japan! I wanted a white one BAD! But came across mine for too good of a deal to pass up.
Nice lookin car, I'm jealous...
:-(

Mine are Drag DR31's. The same wheels as Rota Torques. Both are knock offs of the very expensive Work Emotion Cr Kai wheels. Now was that confusing enough for ya? :)

Mine are Drag DR31's. The same wheels as Rota Torques. Both are knock offs of the very expensive Work Emotion Cr Kai wheels. Now was that confusing enough for ya? :)

yep, but gives me google starting point to google from. Turns out, searchin "wheels i like" doesnt work:rofl:

there is a badge on your door sill or in your owners manual that says what you are to run in your tires unless you've changed wheel and tires sizes stay with what your manual says

you would think so, guess they forgot to fill in this blank :banghead:

SANY1478.jpg

Back