Tire mounting

Prices have gone sky high for mounting and balancing...the shops around here want $30 per wheel off the bike if you bring them the tires...$15-20 per if you purchase from them.

I was going to buy the 3 piece tire changing tools from HF and give it a try, but they discontinued the motorcycle attachment for the tire changer.

(BUT, if you know someone)

Last edited:
Change more than two sets a year, start buying the tools to do it yourself.

Buy Now: Motorcycle Bead Breaker Tire Iron Bead BrakR | Pashnit Moto

& I got the tire balance r from No-Mar for $100. (get them anywhere)

Went through 3 fronts this season. It's $75 off the bike here locally, x3 = $225 just in tire changes not counting the tires. :( Me doing it = free.

Wow that is outrageous! I would do it myself also if it cost that much. Local guy charges 20 for off the bike and 40 for on. He does a good job so I just take it to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over here it is fairly common for motorcycle clubs to have tire changing (and calibrating) machines. They also have manuals, stands and those special tools that you usually use only once. You can borrow them free of charge. Changing a tire costs zero.
In addition, if you have some parts that for some reason you can spare (like OEM levers if you up-graded to pazzos or OEM rotors or whatever, half-worn sprockets, etc.) usually you give them to the motorcycle club. Who ever get's them, pays what ever he wants and the money is used for more tools, machines, etc. .
Oh, and a 0,5 litre beer goes for €0,60...

Back