Tire choices

HOAX

Registered
Sorry if this isnt in the right section. Its time to replace my OE Battle Ax. It was a great tire but im not sure if its what i want to go back with. I do some drag racing but mostly just riding and I like to hug corners the best I can on this bike. I was looking to either go back with the Battle Ax or with a Michellin 2CT. What do you all think?

If you like the Twisties 2CT's or Metzler M-3 are good but if you are going to to some drag racing I recommend you get a second rear rim and put a shinko on it

thanks for the input. ive never been a shinko fan, but i also dont race enough to warrant it either.

I was in the same boat as you. After reading a ton of threads I went with Michelin Pilot Powers. I am picking mine up tomorrow from the shop. Everything I read about them was positive.

Hope that helps-

I have gotten extremely good miles and wonderful feedback as well as traction in wet and dry conditions with the Continental Road Attacks on the 1st Gen Busa. Autobahn in Germany and the nasty hot roads in Texas and the twisties in Hot springs. Fully loaded with saddlebags trunk and pack as well as a tank bag they have never failed me. I drag a knee every once in awhile as well. As far as best tire for the heavy Busa, it gets my mark.

I am satisfied with my BT-021's, but I dont ride as agressive as a few others. We also ride 2-up most of the time on the group rides. They performed well in the Dragon, on the Cherhola, and in Eureka!
whatsatre.png

as far as i know the 2ct is the same compound in the center as the regular pilot power but softer on the sides. I installed these about a month ago. i had run regular pilot powers before and i like the 2ct's better for the twisties.

as far as i know the 2ct is the same compound in the center as the regular pilot power but softer on the sides. I installed these about a month ago. i had run regular pilot powers before and i like the 2ct's better for the twisties.
I believe the purpose of the 2Ct was to give the cornering grip of the pilot power but greater mileage. To do this they went with a harder compound in the center but kept the sides soft. I could be wrong but......?
rock.gif
?

These are for back tire life only: Metzeler Roadtec Z6 lasted me 15000km, good all weather performance.  Pirelli Diablo for about 7000k, also good feedback.  BT014 was about the same as the Pirelli, maybe a few less km.  Currently testing a Michelin Pilot Road.

DSCN1702.JPG

I was under the impression that Michelin Pilot Road 2's have the Pilot Road center and the Pilot Power edges. I love how the powers turned but couldn't stand the short lifespan. I just put on BT-021's and so far absolutely love them. I'm not the corner burner that some here are but they seem to stick very well. I did notice however that my steering damper felt like it went away even with the 90wt oil in it. Hopefully I'll get a few more miles out of these than the Powers I had been running.

correct, the Pilot 2ct tires use the softer sidewall.. IE Pilot Power uses the Pilot race sidewall compound, the Pilot Road uses the Pilot power sidewall compound.. (and you would think they would make it easier to find this stuff out)

Back