Tire Air pressures

Motonutz916

Registered
So I was very lucky to pick up a sponsor with shinko in 2012. I thought I'd share this pic for this thread. Shinko gave me 5 tires, a red blue and purple, a drag slick, and street legal drag tires. So I was obligated
to use them. Not that I minded because these tires are awesome compared with the Michelin pilot. This bike was a daily driver, 16 inch stretch stock 180 horse power commander, Brock's exhaust, and gearing. It is an awesome bracket bike and a 9.50 index bike.with over a dozen wins at (Cayuga) Toronto Motorsports park, London Motorsports park and Grand Bend Motorsports park.

I would launch this bike at 10,000 RPM this picture shows exactly what happens. The photographer Stacy was awesome obviously. I don't know her last name for you but she's brilliant.

There was 9 pounds pressure in the back 65 in the front. The tire didn't come up any more than in the picture.

I would love to hear some other tire pressure preferences and possibly see some other photos of a launch. I just realized when I opened this read that there's lots of other threads regarding pressures sorry about that LOL

9.46@150 mph heads up

The other threads are more street pressure I'm sure . The small tire bar bike FBG chassis is usually 8.5 psi . MT slick
On the small no bar 8 over bike Hook up Pro 12-13 lb
Thanks for replying. I run the same air pressure on the hook up pro as well. What do you think about over-inflating the front tire you think it makes a difference?

Thanks for replying. I run the same air pressure on the hook up pro as well. What do you think about over-inflating the front tire you think it makes a difference?
No , and feel its a bit risky . I ran a max of 42 psi up front for of course less rolling resistance , but this still kept the tires correct shape with no chance of failure . Also a correct contact patch in the event one needed to get hard on the brakes while heading down the track . 65 psi is 23 over max for every bike in the garage currently.

No , and feel its a bit risky . I ran a max of 42 psi up front for of course less rolling resistance , but this still kept the tires correct shape with no chance of failure . Also a correct contact patch in the event one needed to get hard on the brakes while heading down the track . 65 psi is 23 over max for every bike in the garage currently.
65 psi in a front tire at Loring one year Didn't like the feel at all
Also went 217 MPH there with my brakes F'Ed up basically only a slotted rear

Back