Tiny Crack In First Gen Front Fender, Want To Repair From Back

BusaNS

Registered
through a comedy of errors, i left my disc lock on and rolled backwars, cracking my front fender slightly.
A small chunk came off but it is gone and doesnt look bad without it.
there is however an inch long crack or sothat perfectly fits together and is invisible from front side i would like to repair from the back side.
Are busa plastics ABS?
I was planning on taking the front fender off, cleaning the back area then repairing using one of the following depending on your advice [in no particular order]
- JB Weld
- JB Plastic Weld
- Soldering iron to tack the two parts together
- Plumbers ABS glue

any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

I don't know how important the hole is but I believe the crack will continue because the plastic is weak there. You can try it without the hole and just see how much time it buys you, may last. I am surprised how well mine have held up. I sort of expected the crack to come back in a year or so but it still looks like new.

image.jpeg
Buy a Roadlok disc lock and you'll never have any damage from a comedy of errors. It LOCKS the wheel so that the bike doesn't roll...at all. I have one on the rear like this.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=252386659355

Last edited:
holy crap now comes the part where i ask "how the hell do i get the front fender off of a Gen1 busa?"

Remove all 6 bolts and (if its is still in use) disconnect the brake line guides from the rear of the fender and lightly squeeze the section behind the fork tubes to gently ease it past the forks. I have added 3M scotchgard paint protection film to mine in several areas to avoid scratching it during removal among other things.

Capture.JPG

Back