time travel, + or - 50 years?

If you had to make a sudden determination and move yourself and your family permanent

• Total voters

StromBusa

Registered
If you had to make a sudden determination and move yourself and your family permanently either 50 years into the future (to 2063), or 50 years in to the past (to 1963), which way would you choose?

Good question.

Can we make it a longer period of time?
If so I'd go back probably, to like early 1700s America.

As long as we are allowed to remember what we know now, I would go back. Family life was better back then... for the most part.

It would be cool to go to Woodstock and see all the late sixties rock.
I'd like to go see some early Who shows :)

If we go back will we be exempt from the Vietnam draft? :laugh:

That would suck! Get back and first day get a draft letter in the mail. :)

When it comes to big decisions, humans like to go with what is familiar. Since we already know what has happened in the past, this should be an easy answer. Whether it's stocks, sports, cars, politics or whatever.

When it comes to big decisions, humans like to go with what is familiar. Since we already know what has happened in the past, this should be an easy answer. Whether it's stocks, sports, cars, politics or whatever.

Well fifty years forward may mean you come thru from other side and wind up in a nuclear zombie wasteland or worse :laugh:

If I knew what I know now, I would go back. I could make some life changing decisions to better my familys life and correct some mistakes that I have made and regret. :)

Man , no curious people here, I went forward just to see something I wont live to see, I was born in 63, so I know the show already. Besides who wants to see the filthy stinking hippies all over the place again, at least those scum take a shower these days.

If I had a choice i would probably choose to stay right where I'm at............. Every choice and decision you have made has led you to where you are at in time exactly right now. Who says that life would be better or that it might be premature due to another choice or a different choice that you made? You see it time and time again how money cant buy happiness.......... If you fast forward to the future there might not be an America, or even worse no Hayabusa's :laugh: Maybe everybody is driving electric and solar powered 30mph smart cars..... Maybe theres an outbreak of zombie pox that happens 25 years from now and you arrive 50 and dont have the immunization? Alot of ifs and could be's, 2morrow isnt promised today but for today its a good day and i enjoy where I'm at right here right now :whistle:

If I could go back and keep the same paycheck and invest in things I know now the def 1963 for me. and some of the best cars were about to be made.

You can drop the nuclear , we are quickly destroying ourselves without those devices.

That's the only scare about going forward.

I would like to live in the 60's and be able to run a jacked up muscle car when the jars are full and the consequences of having a little more fun were not as severe.

I also like the idea of technology and seeing what we have to offer in the future. The drawback is what do3 says about the destruction. Look how this world has advance in the last 20 years, if you want to call it advancement. 50 years from now we are just as likely to have a completely overlooked or rewritten constitution and not nearly as much say so in our daily lives. 50 years ago the world seemed quite different than it does today, but in another 50 years it may not be recognizable as we know it.

I would go back to a simpler life. 51 years would be better for me. Some way, some how... I would make sure JFK was already in escape mode before the real shots went off in Dallas. That was a pivotal point in history that changed to course of this country. Plenty of life changing perspective has caused me to believe what Stephan Hawking is saying. He believes mankind won't make it on this planet another 1000 years. Based on the reported radiation pollution taking place as we speak (not reported in the mainstream media) its hard to believe we will survive another 100 years. On the other hand the next 50 years could change us in ways that bring a whole new realm of possibilities and life becomes a much more worthwhile experience because mankind unites in a way that brings us all together for a single purpose. That purpose would be to make progress away from war and into the galaxie to broaden our survivable space in the universe. It seems to me capitolism is a failing system fraught with corruption that keeps it from being what modern society wants it to be.
We only have one way to go here... so... make the best of it while you can.

Thanks for all the responses, running 3 to 1 for the past. Thinking back, the future used to hold so much promise that we all might have voted for the future @ one time. Not sure I can picture 'American Graffiti” reduex with swat teams, drones, armored cars, etc.. The "ant hill" colony utopia that fear is driving us toward, while we watch adventures on TV, is a little disconcerting. I think that a future where your behavioral cpK is limited to the narrow band that is "acceptale to the masses" in their unfunded zeal is not that appetizing. sad.

Back