time to ride again, BUT .......

tpabusa06

Registered
about two years ago .... i was coming off an exit and long story short ... hit a deer .... now I'm ready to ride again .... but the 'busa has been sitting ... and sitting ... AND sitting .... replacement parts are arriving daily ... mostly cosmetics .... along with a radiator .... but when the big day arrives ... and im ready to hit the start button .... im smart enough to know there should have been about a million things i should have considered ... or treated ... or oiled ... or filled ... or checked ... or rechecked .... im hoping that the forum can come up with as many suggestions as possible .... i would be truly grateful for any and all help that may be floating around in the 'busa nation !!!!! i already have a check list prepared, and i will add to that list as your help comes in !!! thank you all in advance !!!!

Lube the chain, change your oil, clean or change your filter (depending on filter), change your plugs, put some Sea Foam in the gast tank and rock the bike to swish it around, let it sit so the gum and varnish can be removed, replace coolant since you are replacing your radiator, insert key, start engine iaw 1c-130h-2-7............ damn, got caught up with work mumbo jumbo. Start engine, ride it like you stole it

Check the air in the tires, check the braking systems, check the lights, some say throw a little 3 in 1 oil down the cylinders when you change the plugs, but others can jump in on that one.

More than likely you'll need a new battery.

BUMP

lol ... ok ... im not quite as stupid as i once thought ... ALL great ideas .... the sea foam got me ... but i will admit to not being Einstein !!! the "ride it like i stole it" will come easy ... and so will missing any deer !!!! thank you for your input ..... this project will commence next monday ... so there is plenty of time to chime in !!!!

I would also add replacing the tires. If it has been sitting on the floor then you may have a flat spot on them.

I saw that you mentioned Radiator and hope it wasnt one of those cheap ones off ebay. From experience, they do not fit right and are like the cost.. cheap! I got one last year for my 06 and it took me an hour to get it on only to see the hose outlet was pointed wrong. 2nd one was better but still wrong. Opted for used stock one which took me 15 mins to get in. Tho oem new ones are at $600 plus.. I got this used one for what I paid for cheap new one. Hope ya got your ride running right.. I agree with the others, check fluids and oil the chain etc.. good luck..

I saw that you mentioned Radiator and hope it wasnt one of those cheap ones off ebay. From experience, they do not fit right and are like the cost.. cheap! I got one last year for my 06 and it took me an hour to get it on only to see the hose outlet was pointed wrong. 2nd one was better but still wrong. Opted for used stock one which took me 15 mins to get in. Tho oem new ones are at $600 plus.. I got this used one for what I paid for cheap new one. Hope ya got your ride running right.. I agree with the others, check fluids and oil the chain etc.. good luck..

I guess it depends on the seller. I got my new aftermarket radiator on eBay for $275 shipped to my door. It was claiming to be build to all the same specs as a factory radiator and it fit like a charm. I could not tell any difference for it to an OEM one.

Dad of 3 mention checking the breaks. I would change out the break and clutch fluid... Only costs a few dollars.

Back