Time to pull out the stops...

audial

Registered
Ok guys these liter bikes are more of a challenge than I thought. The new group I started riding with are Gixer 750/1000’s, R1’s and RR’s, so I’m definitely busting my balls to hang in the twisties. I have some changes this week to better my odds in the turns. I’m raising the rear 1â€, swapping my 190/50 pilot for a 180/55 and tweaking the suspension. Now the most important thing is honing my skills which I’ll be working on daily.

After a day of twisties we finished up with some mile long high speed runs. Now yes I did manage to keep the Busa out in front for the speed runs but I had a new R1 right on my tail. I need some suggestions on what I can do next to keep the edge in the speed category. Here’s what I’m working with performance wise…

TRE, PCII, stock 17/40 gearing, dyno’d, sync’d TB’s, full D&D Tit/CF exhaust. For short term solutions I’m thinking next thing is air box mod and intake scoops. Anything else you all can think of that can be done quickly for now? Besides NOS…

Contact board sponsor GPW @ HyperBikesPerformanceCenters,he can hook you up and have you smokin in the twisties,great guy and does top notch work.Someone that pays as much attention to detail as his crew does is a plus!
beerchug.gif

16\42 gearing would probably be the next cost effective mod. The weekend after thanksgiving we need to get together so I can show you how to ride that thing in the twisties!

San Antonio peeps! Cool! Ever go to www.sanantonioriders.net or www.satxriders.com?

**EDIT**
I've seen 'audial' on SAR. The gearing will make a huge difference. Try the 16 up front first and see how you like it before going up on the rear. I'm currently at 16/43 and have mixed emotions about it. Sometimes I feel it's too much, but I sure had fun at MSR Houston.

What's up Cougar...I joined up with the guys from SAR this weekend and we found a nice place for some high speed runs .

We shot some video. Check out the this post..

http://sanantonioriders.net/view_topic.php?id=4352&forum_id=19

There's a link to Jason's myspace. There's two videos. Go to the video section and check out the "second pass" video ...

I was almost to rev-limiter in 6th on the second pass, I dont think I could do lower gearing, I dont want to sacrifice my top end.

NVeeus04 are you SAR as well?

-1 on the front won't take away much from the top-end, but it'll help you get there faster. With the TRE, it won't cut until 10.9k RPM. If you upgrade to a PCIIIr, you can push your rev-limiter up a little bit and still top out the same as with stock gearing. You can also bump timing to get a little extra out of it.

I saw that post on SAR, but didn't check it out.

Where was that road yall were on?

**EDIT**
I may have to roll out next time with yall. I just hate getting up before noon on the weekends
tounge.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Nov. 20 2006,02:34) Contact board sponsor GPW @ HyperBikes,he can hook you up and have you smokin in the twisties,great guy and does top notch work.Someone that pays as much to detail as his crew does is a plus!  
beerchug.gif
+1

(runeight @ Nov. 25 2006,11:08)
(nitrousjunkie @ Nov. 20 2006,02:34) Contact board sponsor GPW @ HyperBikes,he can hook you up and have you smokin in the twisties,great guy and does top notch work.Someone that pays as much to detail as his crew does is a plus!  
beerchug.gif
+1
+2
super.gif

I would pass on the airbox mod, I have recently been told by 2 local tuners that you loose power. The mod opens the airbox to much and causes turbulence.
This was proven doing back to back testing.

But if you still want it I will swap mine with your stock box and save you the work.

You didn't list a BMC race filter.

(Busa Dreamin @ Dec. 26 2006,15:17) I would pass on the airbox mod, I have recently been told by 2 local tuners that you loose power. The mod opens the airbox to much and causes turbulence.

But if you still want it I will swap mine with your stock box and save you the work.

I gained HP with the small box mod, and I've also seen 6+ hp gain on the dyno from this mod on another bike.

I'm on SAR as BigBodyBusa but I don't post much there. Most of my bike friends are computer illiterate but there in a small group on Myspace called str8 up rydaz. Check it out and you'll see a picture of a group bikes at medina lake. The white one at the end is mine.

(Busa Dreamin @ Dec. 26 2006,13:17) I would pass on the airbox mod, I have recently been told by 2 local tuners that you loose power. The mod opens the airbox to much and causes turbulence.

There are two different mods...a large and a small one. With the large one you will lose low speed
power, with the right combination and for racing it is a good way to go
biggrin.gif
the small box mod is
fine for all around riding on a modified bike  
wink.gif

Back