Time to go fast

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
It is time to go fast finally. Going to do the "get rid if rider error" mod. I think I may be able to go high 8.90s with it if I can get it setup with a little bit of tuning. I have a race this weekend with a couple of championships I'm contending for so I'm not going to put it in until after this weekend. It will happen soon enough though and should be more consistent than I already am. Plus I can still ride it on the street if I want to.

image-397795761.jpg

It's a rock solid clutch. Mine was ordered around the same time so it should be close.

Is that easy to dial in...bolts / counter weights....beat it up and see what the slips show?

Is that easy to dial in...bolts / counter weights....beat it up and see what the slips show?

It came with a setup from bob that should be pretty close. From what I have read and heard from the people that have them they are the easiest out if all of the hand clutches to tune. Ill try to find my time slip from my fastest pass so far with the stock clutch setup. I have been 9.37 like that but won't find out what I can get out of this one for another couple of weeks. I know it should be quite a bit faster than the .37 though if what everyone says is true that they 60' in the low .40s without any tuning.

If you can make it to Indy this weekend for the manufacturers cup you will see quite a few of them in action. A lot of the pro street guys are running them.

It came with a setup from bob that should be pretty close. From what I have read and heard from the people that have them they are the easiest out if all of the hand clutches to tune. Ill try to find my time slip from my fastest pass so far with the stock clutch setup. I have been 9.37 like that but won't find out what I can get out of this one for another couple of weeks. I know it should be quite a bit faster than the .37 though if what everyone says is true that they 60' in the low .40s without any tuning.

My biker performance dealer races a 68" all motor no bar, street bike Gen-1 Busa and is down to 1.19 60'. I'm thinking a 1.30 is possible for me at 64". If I ever get it that is.

I was able to get the clutch switched out at the track tonight and only got to make 3 passes on a track that went away after our bracket races. I was able to 60' the same that I was doing earlier in the day and it felt way smoother than a hand clutch. I will have a lot of adjusting to do and pretty much wanted to get a feel for it tonight and now that I know how it's going to act I can start changing some stuff up. I think I may be overgeared in the rear but we will see

Ok Brandon I'm ready for some updates since you won your class this year! Congrats man!! How does that clutch feel now? You get it tuned?

Got a different tune to try out next time out. Working weekends especially on nights sucks! I won't be able to make it out til the end if the month and hopefully the weather will hold on like it did last year for us. Still trying to adjust to just throwing the lever too but it's getting easier lol

Back