Time for tire change (pics)

ky busa

Registered
My Michelin tire was the best tire that I have ever ran on my Busa. :thumbsup: It lasted 7,200 miles. :bowdown:That is with no burnouts, just commuting and spirited riding. Would have prefered to by michelin sport touring tires again. But do to lack of FUNDS I ended up buying another Shinko 009 Ravens. Our local dealership wants $100.00 to change a tire.:omg: It is always good to do as much maintenance you can. You can save quite a bit of money! :thumbsup: I changed my tire with the 3 tire levers in the pics.

000_0361.jpg

000_0362.jpg

000_0363.jpg

000_0364.jpg

000_0365.jpg

TIRES.jpg

000_0366.jpg

When I was at the Suds for Jugs cancer fundraiser I saw a harley with bald tires.I kinda chuckled and said thats gonna hurt.

Good question on the balancing.

Also, with the tools, do you get any scratches on the edge of the Rim?

I remember doing tires on our dirtbikes.Now its just easier to have them mounted at the shop.Beads are so much tighter now.

I will be doing my own tire changes from now on. I am thinking Dyna beads for my balancing.

I take my wheel and new tire in to a local shop here in Carson City........the guy does an excellent mount and balance and is very careful to not scratch the rim. At $15 plus tax, it's a bit less then what you paid. Good on you, DIY or find a shop that won't rip you off! $100???? I can't believe it!!

PS: While you're at it, you might want to give that chain a good bath in kerosene and fresh lube afterwards!

Nice job. Good job on the money you saved. See what they charge for the balancing if you bring the wheel in. Gosh $100? My local dealership charges $30 per wheel mounting and balence if you bring them in.

There is a DOT on most tires i line the dot up with valve stem i have never had them balanced i take it to high speed often so far no shake i don,t have to worry about scuffing my wheels i polished the lips of my rims !

My local SHOP charges 25 for a mount and balance when I hand them the wheel and new tire.
this way if it gets a scratch they can buy me a new wheel.
to me its worth the 25 to have it done with the correct tools
and have it high Speed balanced.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is a DOT on most tires i line the dot up with valve stem i have never had them balanced i take it to high speed often so far no shake i don,t have to worry about scuffing my wheels i polished the lips of my rims !

Sounds scary. :rulez:

Back