Time for an off road four wheeler?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so maybe this is impractical and exorbitantly priced but would be fun..

2 seater sand rail with a 3.0 400+ hp V8 Busa motor... $28,500 just for motor... but come on, toys are about the fun right? Put a T04 on this thing and 600+ would be just warming up... :whistle:

home_page_engine2.jpg

I understood everything but the 3.0 ---- but hecuva cull idea

Is that your jet boat BTW?

I understood everything but the 3.0 ---- but hecuva cull idea

Is that your jet boat BTW?
Jet boat? EEEK!! Curtis Baby Hydro that I bought from Mondo at Denvers custom choppers.. (all prop and a 170 mph water rocket)

Twisted the shaft yet? You run a two blade on that?
Ran 1 1/4 and 1 1/8 shafts... I was also the first boat (in competition) to run twin screws.. (inline) it however did not work over about 1500hp due to the "walk" on the props.. The first prop was an 8" directly in front of the strut, only hooked on the leave and when the tail "blew" it was out of the water...

Harold Kindsvater and Phil Bergeron helped me tons on this... IHBA almost banned us the first weekend we tried it... (complaints it was not fair :rofl: )

I was looking for a picture where we twisted a piston on a buds Eliminator. Picture was completely sideways in the cylinder. I'll post it if I can find it.
BTW, that was the one the shaft twisted on also...LOL

I've seen that motor before. It looks like they have cam chains at opposite ends of the block to run either head..

I meant the piston was sideways in the cylinder.
Did anyone ever get the double screw idea to work? Worked great on the Volvo SX drives when they came out, but I haven't seen someone use them on these boats yet?

I meant the piston was sideways in the cylinder.
Did anyone ever get the double screw idea to work? Worked great on the Volvo SX drives when they came out, but I haven't seen someone use them on these boats yet?
side by side

Might take me a couple hours, but I gotta find that pic. It's hard to believe a piston has the capability of doing something like that without coming out of the motor...
Also got video tubing behind one at 80mph. LoL
That one was a jet though, lotsa water in the face...:laugh:

We just sportem and brag about it, looks like you've been into a little more serious running with yours. One of the fellas brought a new one over 2 weeks ago that's supposed to be doing in the 140mph range.

I still got my wrecked 04 Busa, (law suit not over yet) and my friend keeps bugging me for the motor! Of cource he wants it for free!
I have been doning a lot of 4-wheeling these last tow years and it would be cool to put a busa motor in a Rhino or Raizer.

I have personally been in a rhino with a 'busa motor in it. It wan the best ride on 4 wheels I have had in a long time!!!!!

Back