time for a new undertail

BUSAFETT

Registered
Well,

Over the weekend a 2nd rider told me he couldn't see my turn signals, so it may be time to upgrade. What does everyone have?

BUSAFETT

Well....

...what's the other riders vision plan at his/her job look like?
...was the sun out?
...were they wearing shades?
...did they have a tinted visor?

I believe it's relative to the vision of the person "looking".  

What undertail do you have?

The best setup for turn signal visibility is stock....of course that's relative to my vision.  The clear alternatives that integrates the signals into the tail light would be good.

It was during the day, and the guy wasn't wearing glasses, and had a clear visor.

I've been told before that they are hard to see. Pic attached of the bike as it was when I bought it.

mine are really hard to see. cant even tell the brake lights up , or so i hear. I have the hotbodies undertail, and my taillights are smoked. bet that doesnt help. oh well, most are too far to behind for me to worry about anyways.

You have those teenie tiny circles as turn signals that are positioned to the left and right of your tail lights?
rock.gif

(BiG-T @ Sep. 18 2006,15:05) You have those teenie tiny circles as turn signals that are positioned to the left and right of your tail lights?
rock.gif
Correct... the 3 vertical LEDs on the outermost part of the light is the turn signal. It's neat that they're all-in-one, but during the high noon hours they are definitely hard to see.

BUSAFETT

Top gun with clear lens: Amber signals and red Led brake and running lights.
beerchug.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 18 2006,15:10) Top gun with clear lens: Amber signals and red Led brake and running lights.
beerchug.gif
Pic available? Also source and cost if possible? I'm thinking a Winter upgrade.

BUSAFETT

n.j. top gun or my new found love the eurobikes undertail with clear lens, led lights.

(BUSAFETT @ Sep. 18 2006,15:18)
(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 18 2006,15:10) Top gun with clear lens: Amber signals and red Led brake and running lights.
beerchug.gif
Pic available?  Also source and cost if possible?  I'm thinking a Winter upgrade.

BUSAFETT

What's weird is,

It looks like if I had the 2 smaller LEDs for the turn signals, I'd have the top gun setup. Anyone else see the similarity?

BUSAFETT

Instead of adding a new undertail, you could just invest in some aftermarket turn signals and install them where you want them.

It's cheaper (unless you get a free undertail or something) and all you have to do is use wire taps to connect the +/- wires from the signals to the signals of the undertail.

(BiG-T @ Sep. 18 2006,16:49) Instead of adding a new undertail, you could just invest in some aftermarket turn signals and install them where you want them.

It's cheaper (unless you get a free undertail or something) and all you have to do is use wire taps to connect the +/- wires from the signals to the signals of the undertail.
Where can I get just the turn signal pieces. And does anyone know their diameter?

God I love this site.
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

(BUSAFETT @ Sep. 18 2006,20:16)
(BiG-T @ Sep. 18 2006,16:49) Instead of adding a new undertail, you could just invest in some aftermarket turn signals and install them where you want them.

It's cheaper (unless you get a free undertail or something) and all  you have to do is use wire taps to connect the +/- wires from the signals to the signals of the undertail.
Where can I get just the turn signal pieces.  And does anyone know their diameter?

God I love this site.  
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT
Dunno.

A local dealer has all sorts of turn signals but none that look like that.

its got integrated signals in brake lights as well as the lower turn signals

I have the hotbodies tail and a driver on the road actually told me "you have no running lights!" at a stoplight. I thought they just weren't working or something. When I got home I saw they were fine. I think when the sun hits the lights it makes them hard to see. Am I concerned? No. At night they are visible and that's all that really matters...

If a cop stops me and says something I guess we'll get to find out in court whether or not the hb tail lights are legal or not.

Back