TiForce Exhaust?

PAPA-Wheelie

Registered
I recently purchased a full 4-1 stainless w/Titanium can and it performs very well, but there is one major problem the header tubes under the bike lay against the plastic. Not good, so I called Schnitz where I purchased it and they told me to use header wrap and a double layer of heat shield inside the right and left lowers. So I did that but I can hardly get the plastic to fit and it is all bowed out on each side at the bottom. I can't even install the belly plastic. The pipes are on right, it's just a terrible fit. The pipes lay right against the plastic. Is this normal for a TiForce? Please help. Thanks

I had the same problem .....got the same T-force system....I had to put header tape around that part of the pipes that touched...and still I got melted plastic in those areas...sucks huh:blush:

Thanks for the info. Were you able to put on the belly plastic? This really sucks!!!! Let me tell you I love riding around smelling header wrap and hot plastic. Over out...

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif

Self-installed HMF Dual High Mounts and absolutely no melted plastic and the belly wing fits perfect!

the new tiforce set now comes with little spacers for youer fairings and small strips of heat tape for the insides of the fairins had it on for 5 months no burns or smells just great looks sound perfomance

I got a toasty spot real low on my left fairing from the full micron system... i had a heat sheild there.. but it musta-no-stuck-good. ..

noticed it tooooo late.. no biggie though.

I really wanted a full Ti scorched can setup.. maybe better off.

NJ hows the heat on the tail with the high mounts? do you have the carbon cans or stainless? just wondering...

NJ hows the heat on the tail with the high mounts?  do you have the carbon cans or stainless?  just wondering...
NJ has the carbon cans on his system.
I had the stainless cans on mine. Heat was not really an issue at the mufflers. My wife complains more about the stock system then she did with the HMF's installed.

Back