Tie Down Stud Removal

topgun

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know the trick to removing the studs for the tie downs? Are they threaded in or pressed in?
Their tough removal is holding up the progress of the new undertail install.
Thanks!

As with most mechanical stuff; this is pretty easy once you know how to do it and have the right tools.

You should see a black plastic cap in the end of each stud.  Use your fingernails or a knife (carefuly) to remove the caps.  Once they are out you should see a familiar haxagonal shape in the end of each stud.  Use the appropriate allen wrench from your tool kit to remove the studs.  (standard thread)

As with most mechanical stuff; this is pretty easy once you know how to do it and have the right tools.

You should see a black plastic cap in the end of each stud.  Use your fingernails or a knife (carefuly) to remove the caps.  Once they are out you should see a familiar haxagonal shape in the end of each stud.  Use the appropriate allen wrench from your tool kit to remove the studs.  (standard thread)
Thanks for the info, back out to the garage!!

yeah, you need to remove two of them to pull the tail. I ran into the same problem... I was about to pull out the vice grips (I was sooo pissed). And, then the little inserts stared at me innocently... I yanked 'em and laughed my ass off.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back