Tie down points

Using a Baxley or a Condor is a big plus…

I’m hesitant to admit this happened but I’ll throw it out there for the sake of others. You can be the judge whether my Condor contributed to potential disaster or save me from it.

I was at the track for a Friday night test and tune, getting some passes the night before a PMRA race. I rolled the bike in the trailer and let the Condor snatch it and hold it in place. I then was distracted by someone to talk about the next day’s race. I went on and loaded my stuff. I get in the truck and drive about 200 feet. Off the pavement, turning around on the gravel, and back onto the pavement. Imagine my thoughts when I remembered I had not put a single strap on the bike. I stopped, could not get out of the truck fast enough and unlock the trailer, wondering if it fell to the right against the wall, or to the left on top of my tool box, stands, etc. Or worse the right and then the left.

Imagine my relief when opened the side door and it was still standing in the Condor!

Something else to add to my checklist.

This is why I never, ever trailer a bike, not even to track days.

I prep it when I get there.

I would flip out and go postal if my bike ever fell over in the back of a pick-up or on a trailer.

So remember guys, if you ever see my bike on a trailer call me it's Stolen.

(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 26 2007,08:42)
(MPH 200 @ Jan. 26 2007,11:35)
(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 25 2007,22:03) Get some canyon dancers.  Best money ever spent
super.gif
Canyon dancers are good for lighter bikes, but my Busa fell on my Wife's 600RR after we hit a good bump.

I have a rub mark on my side fairing from one too.

They will screw up your grips too.

Just my 2cents
Is that all you were using to secure the bike?  I use the dancers up front and then use tie downs on the passenger rearsets.
No, I use ratchet tie downs on the canyon dancer in front & on either side of the rear peg brackets.

I also have wheel chocks for the front.

Back