Tial BOV

65Cobra

Registered
I noticed in addition to an internal spring, the Tial BOV's also have an air fitting on top with a 10mm hose barb for "quick actuator response". One of the posts I read in the past mentioned how some BOV's also incorporate a Pop-Off Valve. Is that what the purpose of the air fitting on the Tial is for?

I've seen references to Blow-Off Valves (BOV), Pop-Off Valves (POV), Hobbs Switches and Bypass Valves.

I completely understand the BOV and Hobbs Switch but I'm not quite sure how a POV operates, nor have I ever (knowingly) seen one. I'm also in the dark about a Bypass Valve, or is that just a different name for a BOV.

its the signal line from the TBs, it has to be on there to work.

When you have pressure in the plenum and vacuum in the TBs it will open.

the spring is to hold the BOV closed to a set psi and wont open untill it reaches a set vacuum amount

the signal line acts in both ways to hold closed under boost then open when seeing the vacuum under the TBs

Thanks... so the Tial BOV only functions as a BOV. Then how does a Pop-Off Valve work, what does it look like, and where do I get one? And a Bypass Valve... or is that just a different name for something else?

Back