TIAL 38mm Wastegate Install

65Cobra

Registered
Two questions...

(1) Using the Tial metal gasket. Does it matter which direction the raised area of the gasket faces?

(2) The banjo fitting bolt head on top the wastegate is causing a clearance problem. Even though it will only vent to air, I don't want to remove that fitting since it will keep dust, etc from entering the top. I could grind the bolt head down but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Maybe something more low profile?

Thanks

If it just isnt going to fit there is always the JGS wastegate it is smaller then the tial and they are a good quality wastegate

I tried some fittings but they were the same height. However, I've since found a fitting that looks like it will work... but it's brass... UGH! Yeah, I realize no-one is going to see it down there but I hate brass. Maybe I'll just find an excuse to put in an order with McMaster-Carr since they likely have something in aluminum. Thanks.

kb11, not at the moment but I did manage to get everything to work out between a new fitting and a little shifting. I should have the bike done soon so I plan to post some pics in a couple weeks. Thanks... to everyone.

Back