Ti force low mount or Orient Sumo on 06

fast1200gp

Registered
Looking to do full exhaust on my 06,along with pc111, small air box mod,and gearing,,my question is im gonna do the full titanium regardless, just with the sumo u get a bit more power plus room for the big bore,but it messes up the foot peg set up..where with the low mount tiforce u obtain stock peg location,,would like to go for the sumo but how much does it affect the peg,,any pics or comments would be great,how does it sound ,also gearing ideas ,,im 265pds.

thanks guys

TIFORCE :cheerleader: . I have TiFORCE on both my Busas and they sound badass! TiFORCE is expensive but worth every penny. Sounds better then Yoshi too (not haten).

Are you talking about the rear foot peg setup? On my street bike my pipes run right under them on the right side. 4.2.1 set up w/ 2-1/2".

DSCF1640.JPG

Reactions: Zee
thats the low mount ti force,,,i was interested in the orient express high mount sumo,,actually either or,,,just the high mount sumo raises the right rear peg up.or something like that,,,just wondering if the sumo is the way to go,or just go with the basic low mount.....any pics guys high an low mount,,,thanks

To me you have done your homework.
Those 2 exhausts are the ones to choose between.
In my research, the Orient Express Sumo is the one for power and looks.
I love the way it rides high, and clean lines (same bike as yours I might add).
You won't be sorry!

BTW it raises the peg on the right side by about 3 inches - tolerable considering.

Exhaust.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
u have the buell pegs also,,? that was the next question,would they clear buell pegs,,what other mods do u have done if u dont mind me asking? gearing etc etc,air cleaner?airbox mod?.........is there a way to match the peg height? just want the passanger option,,,do u have a pic of other side? how was the install?,,,yea same bike,,,im leaning towards the sumo but the damn peg issue kinda funky,,,such a nice product with weird mount set up.......thanks

How often do you have a passenger, and do you care more about them and their comfort than the looks and performance of the bike?
If you are going to tour with a passenger then go the low mount.
If you have the odd ride with a passenger, they will be OK.
The quality and finish of the Orient Express is first class.
Lots of power and throughout the whole range.
It works perfect with the Buell mod.
BTW I never take passengers so I don't even have rear pegs.

These are my mods:

2006 LE
Orient Express Titanium Sumo, PC III, Factory Pro Stacks, Platinum plugs, K&N, TRE, Evo shift kit, Corbin, Zero Gravity, Vortex, EK Chain, 1K Signal Mirrors, PIAA Headlamps, ProGrip Grips, Pazzo Levers Heli Bars and 1 in lift, Headlight Modulator, Flamm. .Horns & Air Horn, Radar Mount, Stain Steel Bug Screens, Spiegler Lines, Super Kaos Clutch Mount, Stainless steel Oil Filter, Sliders, BT016, Throttle Meister, Master CO switch, High Volume Oil Gear, 3GIVI Bags with Mounts and Rack, Oil pressure gauge, Rear Billet Brake Reservoir, Clear LED integrated tail light, Tail Light Modulator, Run Lights, Buell Pegs.
CHROME: Wheels, Swingarm, Hub, Chain Guard.
MODS: PAIR, Hump, Steering Stabilizer, Fender, Kickstand, Small Air Box.

Mikes.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
ummm...FWIW-I took my wife w/me to the Deals Gap Bash last year and she did almost all 550 miles there with me...never complained about footpeg location of rt. peg even though I have a Hi-mount exhaust.:whistle:

I ran this Himount setup since spring of '07 put about 8-9k on the pipes...got a lil scraped up on one header @ the secondary (presumably from me lowerin bike) but it wont hurt performance...at least, it didnt last year when I was runnin off on all those 14s that kept pestering me:laugh:

I pulled 172whp on my bike w/just PCIII n BMC filter and TiForce pipe. It sounds 'louder' than my old HMF duals did at hi rpms but the HMFs sounded more 'ballsy' i guess??? deeper note that reminded me of a hot V-twin like a tweaked Duc or Aprillia.

if you want the CHEAPEST Tiforce Titantium exhaust you're ever guna find-go look at my add in Classifieds....this pipe is for sale:beerchug:

BusaPics 063.jpg

• Love
thanks for the replies,,,cheapest,,,nah,,i want the sumo,,,i will have some blings for sale,what map are u running mike1180

Ohhh.... snap... thought for sure you were gonna go w/ the Ti-Force low mount. I'm looking hard at em.. (dual) Heard them on a thread somewhere in here and was sold. Trying to figure out how to get a 17hunski price tag past the boss..lol..
Post up a sound clip once you get those Sumo's' mounted.. I was under the impression they were uncomfortably loud at steady rpms, true or false? (?not good for highway commutes?)

Last edited:
Ohhh.... snap... thought for sure you were gonna go w/ the Ti-Force low mount. I'm looking hard at em.. (dual) Heard them on a thread somewhere in here and was sold. Trying to figure out how to get a 17hunski price tag past the boss..lol..
Post up a sound clip once you get those Sumo's' mounted.. I was under the impression they were uncomfortably loud at steady rpms, true or false? (?not good for highway commutes?)

Most exhausts are OK on the highway, it seems you are out in front and leave most of the noise behind.
Mine is a single and is louder than stock.....:whistle:
I wear earplugs regardless.

what about the tourqe or loss of low end power with the sumo on a basic stock bike?besides air box mod an pc111?.any opinions

what about the tourqe or loss of low end power with the sumo on a basic stock bike?besides air box mod an pc111?.any opinions

I didn't seem to loose any low end power, but may have even added some.
That is a function of the map and exhaust combo I think.

thanks for the fuel moto link mike i spoke to jamie he gave me a great price,,just have to pick spigot or conical end muffler,,,how much did ur pipes discolor?if any? The worst part is i live close to orient and jamie's price was better,,,

thanks for the fuel moto link mike i spoke to jamie he gave me a great price,,just have to pick spigot or conical end muffler,,,how much did ur pipes discolor?if any? The worst part is i live close to orient and jamie's price was better,,,

My pipes went bluish, from where they go into the block, for about 18 inches from the block.
You can't see it, with the fairings on, so that is OK.
The single pipe (4 into1) did not discolor at all.
Also Mothers metal polish keeps it nice and shiny!

Congrats! You'll love that system. :thumbsup:

You should go with one of his maps too.
They are wicked good!

Last edited:
Just ordered the full titanium Sumo conical can,pc111usb,bmc race filter, should have it by mid next week,have to do the small air box mod,and block off smog,, figure what spocket combo i wanna go with,,,any ideas? im 260pds,,

Have a set of Yoshimura
R-22 Bling Dual Slip-On Exhaust for sale..just have to take off bike....reasonable offers??

:thumbsup: Congrats! Great choice IMO
I would put all of that on and see if you need to change the sprocket gearing.
Mine is stock ratios and will lift my girth even though I try and do everything to keep it down.
Goes plenty fast enough too.
See what it goes like and then decide, IMO

Last edited:
Back