Thunder Beach.... in May

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
I know we haven't even got Daytona Bike out of the way yet, but is anyone planning to head to the Redneck Riviera (Panama City, FL) for the Spring Thunder Beach this year? (2008)

It's kind of like bike week... but in Panama City Florida. Lots of cruising the beach. Various events. Last year's highlight was the pickle licking contest that some 75 yr old toothless woman won.  
puke.gif

Rumor has it a drag race this year. Dunno yet though.

It is close enough for us to go for the weekend and not fork out a lot of dough. Mostly Harleys in the past but last year I noticed A LOT more sport type bikes.... It would be nice to meet up with some other Busas. But watch out for the speed bumps... I got my bike stuck on one last year in a parking lot and my husband and brother in law had to pick my bike up to get it over the bump.

PLUS there is a skating rink there!!! That's where I'll be!!

I've been there a couple of times and seen alot of sportbikes there. I dropped the busa there a week after I got my paint done. I would go this year but I'm going to be a little too far away this time. Panama City for me right now is only a 45 minute ride.

If they have a stunt show, as they have been doing, I will go to that. Am not big into bike rallies, but since PC is close to me will probably venture down for a while.
lurk.gif

If there is going to be a drag race Jules we may have to bring the drag bike there.

A good friend of mine in Pcola just bought a new mean streak. We're trying to get together to do some riding so it may be possible we could meet each other there. Panama must be a good four hours from the Tampa area? Not sure my azzz could handle that long a ride on the busa?

My booty can't handle the ride.. I drive a trailer queen... I'm just not a long distance rider... yet.... I like 1/4 miles myself
laugh.gif

Believe it or not I love Busas and I love the members here, but I had something else in mind
laugh.gif

Hey... Hey... Watch it now!! My hometown is No Redneck Riviera.:laugh: Born and raised in one of the most beautiful beaches in the WORLD. I live in Apollo Beach,but I always make Thunder Beach. If you have never went.... You will love it. Hope to meet some of you there.

Back