Throttlemeisters

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Well just had to purchase a throttlemeister for the none throttle side of the bike and let me tell you guys check your bolts on your Throttlemeister bar ends or it will be a costly fix. I was out riding some twisties this weekend and felt something hit my knee and thought nothing of it just thought it was a large bug as we get those down here in TX then I got to the gas station to fill up after the ride and noticed my bar end was gone. So I call Throttlemeister this morning to see what is was going to cost me to get a new bar end and $44 later I have one in the mail so again ladies and gents if you have Throttlemeister Bar ends check the tightness on the bolts before you ride.
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Yeah I had threadlocker on mine as well but I guess vibration and all that got the best of it so now I will check the bolts before I go out from now on.

My left side came off a couple summers back, forunately Big O was behind me and he caught it in a bounce with his left hand. Boy got skills!
cool.gif
Glad it didnt hit him.

Then I put some automotive " goop" glue and that sucker would not come off ... so when I had to remove the grip the bolt broke off, then I had to drill it out, helicoil it and add a bigger bolt.
sad.gif
dam'd if ya do and dam'd if ya dont ...

Well just had to purchase a throttlemeister for the none throttle side of the bike and let me tell you guys check your bolts on your Throttlemeister bar ends or it will be a costly fix.  I was out riding some twisties this weekend and felt something hit my knee and thought nothing of it just thought it was a large bug as we get those down here in TX then I got to the gas station to fill up after the ride and noticed my bar end was gone. So I call Throttlemeister this morning to see what is was going to cost me to get a new bar end and $44 later I have one in the mail so again ladies and gents if you have Throttlemeister Bar ends check the tightness on the bolts before you ride.  
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif
I had one of my stock barends come off my GS1150 in Cali one time and the same exact thing happened, I felt something hit my foot and didn't think too much about it.Then I noticed that my throttle lock was slipping and then realized it was because of the added vibrations from the absent bar end. Had to swap out the clutch side bar end and rode it all the way back to Spokane that way from Laguna Seca!
laugh.gif

Just my 2 cents worht but I am not a big fan of the bolts Throttle meister gives you with the little bitty allen heads on them. Never stripped one but I could see how it would happen.

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

My left side came off a couple summers back, forunately Big O was behind me and he caught it in a bounce with his left hand.  Boy got skills!
No sh!t!!!!
He caught it?
After the bounce?
That's impressive.
clap.gif

cheers
ken
Yeah, Owen comes riding up at the stop sign, smiles, and points at my handle bar ... I go "what the ... ? ? ? he smiles and hands me the nicked up bar end.

My left side came off a couple summers back, forunately Big O was behind me and he caught it in a bounce with his left hand.  Boy got skills!
No sh!t!!!!
He caught it?
After the bounce?
That's impressive.
clap.gif

cheers
ken
Yeah, Owen comes riding up at the stop sign, smiles, and points at my handle bar ...  I go "what the ... ? ? ?  he smiles and hands me the nicked up bar end.
He's honest too. I would a kept it, listened to you b!tch about losing it, waited a week and sold it back to you.
laugh.gif

'course that's just me.....

cheers
ken

No sh!t!!!!
He caught it?
After the bounce?
That's impressive.
clap.gif

cheers
ken
Yeah, Owen comes riding up at the stop sign, smiles, and points at my handle bar ...  I go "what the ... ? ? ?  he smiles and hands me the nicked up bar end.
He's honest too. I would a kept it, listened to you b!tch about losing it, waited a week and sold it back to you.
laugh.gif

'course that's just me.....

cheers
ken
that's funny
laugh.gif
Big O is the man
thumb_up.gif

i will be checking my bolts also, they have been on for a while but i don't need to be spending money trying to replace mods i have already done!

laugh.gif

Back