throttlemeister on a busa

birdaprey

Registered
which size is the best set up, the standard or the heavy.

1zhelp.gif

Good people at Throttlemeister. Call and ask them. i would think the heavy one is better. I do not know if they are both made for solid bars?

From everything I have heard, get the "heavy." It reduces vibration in the handlebars. My friend Bob, on this site, has the heavies and he loves them.
cool.gif

I've got a simple Throttle lock, I can't remember who made it, and I haven't even put it on yet... But whats the major diff between what i have and the Throttlemeister?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

I've got a simple Throttle lock, I can't remember who made it, and I haven't even put it on yet... But whats the major diff between what i have and the Throttlemeister?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
What's a throttle lock? And how does it compare in price to the Throttlemeister? Always wanted to get reactions from different people regarding this. Want to see if it's for me or not.

Brian

rock.gif

Throttle locks are REALLY an eyesore if ya ask me
Oo.gif
The throttle meister is the cleanest application available and it works like a charm. It replaces the end caps of your bars and uses an internal mechanism the expand or retract from the throttle/grip end. You wouldn't even know it was there if not for the inconspicuous decal for "lock" and "off" I have solid billet bars and it installed with a minimun amount of modification (had to grind 1/16th of an in off a spacer. The heavy I beleive are longer than the standard and are a bit easier to manipulate with one hand. Takes a bit of time to get used to it cause there is a trendency to let go of the throttle while engageing. Wasn't long before I could engage with no noticeable variation in speed. I got to the point that I would set it with slight friction even in traffic as it releives allot of fatigue on the hand.
It warns not to use in traffic and to get used to it on the open road.
I used my going transcontinental and it was essential. Allowed me to run 10- 14 hours a day ..........pretty much gas and go all day. Happy hands all day..............actually had more pain in my elbows from resting them on the tank for two hours at a pop
smile.gif

The 14 oz Heavy is the only way to go.  The stock bar ends weigh 11.5 oz.  The standard Throttlemeister weighs 12 oz which results in an even weight swap.  The extra 2 oz. of the heavy Throttlemeister reduced handle bar vibrations.  Check "AZMotorsports.com" for a great price.  Bob  
tounge.gif

Back