throttlemeister install Q

chinto

Registered
Just received my TM's in the mail and went to install them tonight. I couldn't seem to get the TM installed correctly and am wondering if anyone can help. Bought the set used, so no instructions. Came with the bar ends + a plastic washer. When I install the Bar end with the washer, the TM seems to be too tight and locks the throttle even when not in the locked position. If I install the TM without the washer, it is too loose and will not lock.

Any thoughts?

New they come with metal spacer shims to space it out if it is too tight.

If none were included, go to the hardware store and find some washers that will fit inside the main body of the TM and space it out just a little bit.

you cut the plastic from the throttle tube? Of coarse you did........
How many washers came with it? New in the box they have several and the thickness varies.
If I remember correctly, I used two of the thin ones.

Did you install the rubber sleeve under the grip? If you email throttlemeister they will send you the parts free of charge. They have for others but don't hold me to it.

r8

I Have Had Mine A Couple Of Years
Mine Had
little bag of washers that measured in thousands of thickness
A sleeve that fits under the throttle grip that the mizer pushes on
the mizer its self
and the bolt that goes through the mizer
Just found the Instructions send a fax number and I will send it
I would put it on the computer but I dont know how

Mine had a 2 piece collar that goes inside the mizer itself and 3 or 4 spacer washers (very thin) and the black plastic collar that slips over the throttle/under the grip and the screw.

you cut the plastic from the throttle tube? Of coarse you did........
How many washers came with it? New in the box they have several and the thickness varies.
If I remember correctly, I used two of the thin ones.
Nope, didn't cut the plastic. After a bit of online research it seems that many feel that cutting the plastic is not necessary for the install.

I Have Had Mine A Couple Of Years
Mine Had
little bag of washers that measured in thousands of thickness
A sleeve that fits under the throttle grip that the mizer pushes on
the mizer its self
and the bolt that goes through the mizer
Just found the Instructions send a fax number and I will send it
I would put it on the computer but I dont know how
Thanks Homebrew. I Pm'd you my fax number. That would be awesome if you could fax them off. I am thinking that perhaps I am missing some parts. Once I get your instructions I will compare and contact TM.

Thanks for everyones help.

thanks a lot Homebrew. In looking at the directions, it seems I am missing the friction sleeve and washers.

Glad I Could Help
beerchug.gif

Yes, you have to cut the plastic ribs off the stock sleeve. Take your time... I used a razor blade. You can't get the Black plastic insert ( provided by T Meister) to go far enough on the throttle tube w/o removing the plastic ribs. It will an ugly gap if you don't.
Nick

Back