Throttlemeister Install Help

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
Hello, I received my throttlemeister from Tim at Pashnit today after he was kind enough to two day air it to me. I'm trying to get the throttlemeister installed tonight before I leave at 6:30 am for the first 400 mile leg of the trip to Pinetop AZ.

I rolled back the grip and cut that little plastic thing and put on the rubber ring. I rolled the throttle grip back down and installed the throttlemeister with the thinnest shim I could. It engages pretty good with the bike off but even with the bike idling at 2k rpm the throttlemeister will vibrate loose.

I then removed all the little shims and I still have the same problem. I'm not sure what to do now. There's no more shims I can remove and I can't find anything by searching.

I think my problem has something to do with my throttle moving probably an 1/8 of an inch back and fourth. I mean perpendicular to the kill switch. Does your throttle move perpendicular to the kill switch also? Any ideas on how to make this thing work? I've included a picture below that shows how it looks with no shims installed and in the on position.
TMInstall.jpg

Last edited:
mine did.
There prolly is an easier/better/correct fix.....but, I filed my handle bar down some until it locked better. I had the same issue.

BlueHaya,

You filed down the bar end where the screw goes? Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right part. Thank you.

I filed down my handle bar a little, not the bar end, so the TM would seat closer in.

EDIT: I removed the little black cup from the handle bar and filed some down, replaced cup, installed TM and tested, did this about 3 times to get it right. Take off little at a time....you cant put it back.

Last edited:
No, I'm not sure how to remove the throttle or if I really want too.

It works well the very first time but after that it won't work at all. It's like that black collar that you put on is being pushed to far into the throttle. I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

I did not remove the throttle. Since it moved in and out, I just pushed it in and filed.

If you are not comfortable with filing, perhaps someone has a better/correct solution.:beerchug:

I cant imagine me and you are the only ones this has happened to.:poke:

I think BlueHaya is right. The only way I'm going to get this thing to work is by sanding down the handle bar, the threaded piece, where the throttlemeister screws into. There's just too much left to right play in the throttle for it to work more than once.

I just don't have the type of tool that will do that so I guess no cruise control for me this weekend.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, did you call the manufacturer and describe the issue to see what their thoughts were?

I didn't have any similar issue.

I know their customer service is top-shelf, so; but I imagine by this hour, they're closed.

Wish I could help, bro.

It almost sounds like you need to move your throttle asssembly a little to the right of the handlebar, I had to do this with mine. Not sure if the GenII assembly is different.???

It almost sounds like you need to move your throttle asssembly a little to the right of the handlebar, I had to do this with mine. Not sure if the GenII assembly is different.???

Yeah, that's what I thought too but I don't see a way to move the throttle at all. There seems to be one Phillips head screw between the two throttle cables on the very bottom but I don't want to take it out for fear of my throttle exploding and then me not being able to go at all tomorrow.

Have you tried using different size inner pieces? Mine went on without a hitch. Maybe try moving the throttle insert piece a little farther out from under the grip. And are you turning it all the way back until it stops or stopping when it makes contact?

Have you tried using different size inner pieces? Mine went on without a hitch. Maybe try moving the throttle insert piece a little farther out from under the grip. And are you turning it all the way back until it stops or stopping when it makes contact?

I removed all the shims now expect for the two barrel shaped inserts. I can get it to work once by moving the throttle piece insert but once it engages once it pushes that piece in to much and won't make contact after that. I am turning it until it stops.

Just out of curiosity, did you call the manufacturer and describe the issue to see what their thoughts were?

I didn't have any similar issue.

I know their customer service is top-shelf, so; but I imagine by this hour, they're closed.

Wish I could help, bro.

Sorry Scar, I missed your message. I did call the number I found for Throttlemeister but no answer.

There are screws (I think 3) on the throttle housing that you can loosen and slide the throttle either way. The screws come in from the front of the throttle housing. The one screw you found has no effect on sliding the housing. Thanx Steve

Steve,

When you say throttle housing that is the part with the kill switch and mode selector on it? I've only been able to spot 2 screws on the bottom of that but I want to make sure I'm looking at the right piece.

Thanks

Back