Throttlemeister install help

Payne

Registered
Well I just got my set (thanks Pashnitt) and the instructions they gave me are absolutely NO help for me (im slightly retarded when it comes to mechanics), anyone got pictures or can just walk me through it? Only way to make it fit is not to use any washers and I think thats a little wrong.

Thanks.

if it fits without any of the little washers/spacers that is fine. They are there if need be. Make sure it does not bind.

Make sure you have the 2 pieces that fit inside the bar end in place. I actually filed some of my handle bar down to get it to match up.

if it fits without any of the little washers/spacers that is fine. They are there if need be. Make sure it does not bind.

Make sure you have the 2 pieces that fit inside the bar end in place. I actually filed some of my handle bar down to get it to match up.

What he said the washers are only shims and if you do not need them put them some where safe for later in case you need them :thumbsup:

you will notice where the OEM nylon grip center has ridges.. In order to put the teflon friction on the grip, you will need to remove that ridge.. Take your time and use an exacto, razor knife or even a dremel.. That teflon piece is what the TM pushes up against to hold the throttle open..

after you get the friction piece mounted flush with the bar end, you can set about installing the TM lock.. The spacer washers go between the TM and the bar end to set the air gap between the Friction piece and the TM itself..

goal is just enough clearance between the TM and the friction block to not drag..

sorry sold mine and so no pics... extra spacers can go in your tool box or behind the bolt that holds the TM to bar (on the outside)

Ok heres the thing, I installed it, it appears to be working (at least in neutral) but I have NOT used any spacers/washers, nor did I use the rubber "gasket" type thing it came with (I had no idea where it should go since it did not fit anywhere.

the rubber thing that look like a collar?...it goes on the end of you throttle under your grip. Should slide over and stop at the end

I ground down the nylon grip end holder w/ a Dremel very gently too. And I also only used ONE of the thinnest spacers they provided. At 1st I tried a couple spacers but the cruise would not stay "engaged" at a constant speed. So...down to one or no spacer and she's working great. Enjoy! Once you dial it in, you'll love it on long stretches :thumbsup:

Somebody just needs to post a pic. I can tonight when I get home it will be self-explanatory...in fact, you might SEARCH for Throttlemeiser and find where it's already posted good luck!

you will notice where the OEM nylon grip center has ridges.. In order to put the teflon friction on the grip, you will need to remove that ridge.. Take your time and use an exacto, razor knife or even a dremel.. That teflon piece is what the TM pushes up against to hold the throttle open..

after you get the friction piece mounted flush with the bar end, you can set about installing the TM lock.. The spacer washers go between the TM and the bar end to set the air gap between the Friction piece and the TM itself..

goal is just enough clearance between the TM and the friction block to not drag..

sorry sold mine and so no pics... extra spacers can go in your tool box or behind the bolt that holds the TM to bar (on the outside)

what he said...:thumbsup:

Well im definitely gonna have to wait for pics. I saw on SCAR's review that he ROLLED the grips? I assume thats where I put the black sleeve?

yes, you need to get behind the right side grip.. after you roll it out of the way a bit, you will see the stuff that needs trimmed out of the way..

DSC03529.JPG

DSC03530.JPG

DSC03529.JPG

DSC03530.JPG

There we go, thats awesome, thanks buddy, got it installed, waiting so the rush our traffic stops and ima go and check it out.

There we go, thats awesome, thanks buddy, got it installed, waiting so the rush our traffic stops and ima go and check it out.

No problem:beerchug:
I had to use the one long spacer and that's all on mine. Take your time getting used to the Thottlemeister.

I have installed them on four busa's, all had to have at least one shim.

Are the heavy Tm's worth the price? I am really wanting to cut vibration the cruise control would be a bonus..

Are there better(heavier) heavy bar ends available?

I have the two inch heavy ones and I did notice a nice reduction in vibration. I did'nt have to trim my throttle to get the sleeve to fit, it fit right on.

Back