Throttle Tube... Who uses what?

busaboyn2o

Registered
I have no choice but to replace my throttle tube. I have heard of some people swapping them out for R6 sleeves (I think). Has anyone tried any other models?

What did u like about it? Complaints? Etc.

I had a quick turn throttle on my TL. I loved the ability to do everything from a dead stop idle to WTFO without having to reposition my hand.

Take a couple minutes and research the busa mods threads, there are several articles that explain in great detail the R1/R6 throttle tube mod. The years how to do it and opinions on each. You can gather all the info U need to do this mod on here

R1 tube will make a difference but the R6 will be considerably more noticeable. Problem with the R6 is it may cause a twitchy feeling off idle take offs and cruising around. Not that it does but it is like an On/Off switch.....they are cheap so getting both to try out will give you the right comparisons.

R1 will take little to no adjustments for install. The R6 will take a ton of adjustment from your cables plus you may need to do some light dremeling/trimming on the tube itself and the housing to make it work.

Take a couple minutes and research the busa mods threads, there are several articles that explain in great detail the R1/R6 throttle tube mod. The years how to do it and opinions on each. You can gather all the info U need to do this mod on here

Not sure if there is an issue with the search button or if it is because I am using my phone, but I had tried that. It kept saying r1/r6 was too little info to search, and when I add throttle after, it dropped the r1/r6 piece from it all together. So it just searched everything with "throttle". Lol.

Sorry if this is repetitive.

R1 tube will make a difference but the R6 will be considerably more noticeable. Problem with the R6 is it may cause a twitchy feeling off idle take offs and cruising around. Not that it does but it is like an On/Off switch.....they are cheap so getting both to try out will give you the right comparisons.

R1 will take little to no adjustments for install. The R6 will take a ton of adjustment from your cables plus you may need to do some light dremeling/trimming on the tube itself and the housing to make it work.

Exactly what I was hoping for!! I love the quick action throttle. What year range R6 throttle sleeve did u use?

I did a thread on the r1 vs r6 and how to install the r6 tube. If u decide on the r6 make sure u get the right part number because new years they changed the r6 parts number which made it the same as the r1 tube..heres a picture that gives u a idea of the difference and the package with the r6 tube if u dont want the r1..

image-583118258.jpg

image-2844403587.jpg

image-583118258.jpg

image-2844403587.jpg

I did a thread on the r1 vs r6 and how to install the r6 tube. If u decide on the r6 make sure u get the right part number because new years they changed the r6 parts number which made it the same as the r1 tube..heres a picture that gives u a idea of the difference and the package with the r6 tube if u dont want the r1..

View attachment 271226

View attachment 271227

I was planning on doing the R6. I had an insane throttle insert on my TLR that was about a quarter turn to WTFO. It was awesome.

This is perfect man. Thanks!!

I did the R1 throttle tube mod. A few months back, towards the end of a group ride, I forgot and "accidentally" power wheelied in 2nd gear. I promise, it was an accident! :whistle:

I love the mod, by the way!

Just ordered the R6 tube based on the part number supplied by Freechance.

I figured if I'm not a fan, It will be easy to resell here :p

Honestly most guys on here seem to prefer the R1 throttle tube. The R6 tube is more suited 4 a track bike. Pretty much closed or wot are your 2 options and that may be fun on a little 6 but riding around town on a twitchy busa not so much :whistle:

Got my R6 tube yesterday and did the install. With the write up done by Freechance, the install was about 30 minutes. The hardest part was getting that little piece the needed to be cut from the throttle cable OFF the damn cable. Lol.

But after a little elbow grease was applied (a can of elbow grease is about $6.95 at NAPA, located right next to the muffler bearings) I finally got it off.

This is gonna be a lot of fun!!!

Finished getting mine on(from Schnitz)this morning along with the SpeedoHealer i got last Christmas,will road test them soon as this damned rain stops.:laugh:

Finished getting mine on(from Schnitz)this morning along with the SpeedoHealer i got last Christmas,will road test them soon as this damned rain stops.:laugh:

Throttle works great and SpeedoHealer has my indicated mph within 1 mph of actual GPS at 65 so close enough(too much traffic right now so will try the over 100's early tomorrow morning :laugh:).

Back