Throttle tube feels rough in one spot

NitrousGuy

Registered
Hi guys and gals.

Today I installed new grips on my busa and was playing around with the throttle ( engine off, bike in the garage) to get a feel for the grips and I discovered something.

At about 3/4-7/8 throttle, If I put my weight on my wrists I can feel a rough spot in the throttle assembly.
If I modulate the throttle from 3/4 to 7/8 and back again I can feel what appears to be some kind of rubbing. I made sure the grips were not rubbing anything, and I took the throttle assembly apart to inspect everything and nothing seemed to be out of the ordianry.
If I take my weight off my wrists the rubbing sensation goes away.
Is it possible the rubbing is due to the cables breaking in in their sheathes, likewise the throttle tube cable flange in the switchgear housing?

The bike only has 60 miles on it and is brand spaking new.

Thanks!
smile.gif

If the throttle still snaps closed I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes Sir. The throttle snaps right back. And I prolly won't notice the condition when riding. It's just one of those idosyncracies (SP?) I suppose.

You might have gotten a pc of dirt/sand between the bar and plastic that the grip mounts over. Take the bar end off and flush it out with WD-40 with the red plastic straw stuck in there!

Back