Throttle Synch

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I've read the service manual and Jinkster's write-up. But I think something is still amiss.

The bike is a 2005 STOCK. It has the CA emissions crap and the PAIR valve.

In Jinkster's write-up he said to disconnect the PAIR's vacuum hose at the throttle body and plug the vacuum sensor hose in its place. That leaves the PAIR's vacuum hose open, does it need to be plugged??

I was hoping someone who had a CA model with a PAIR valve has synched their bike and would tell me if they plugged that PAIR line.

The bike will run for 2-4 minutes then die. While its running the merc guages are jumping all over and the engine runs rough. I did adjust the idle screw to keep it running, its something else.

The bike runs completely fine put back together. I just want to synch the throttle bodies perfectly.

Just read Wag's thread;

It looks to me like he didn't connect the vacuum sensor hose to anything while Jinkster said to connect it in place of the PAIR's vacuum hose.

Wag also plugged the nipple to the PAIR vacuum hose's nipple.  He also plugged the other vacuum hose on the far throttle body.  
rock.gif

The yellow arrows;
post-24-23208-tb_synch_004.jpg

I notice that the PAIR vacuum hose isn't capped. And that makes sense. All the PAIR does is add freash air to the headers...

Well at least I have a few more technique's to try.

(fasttoys1 @ Nov. 30 2006,22:19) I believe that is the sensor removed from the airbox.?
Yep. It has to be connected or the bike won't idle right and the FI light will come on.

(Burger King @ Nov. 30 2006,19:28)
(fasttoys1 @ Nov. 30 2006,22:19) I believe that is the sensor removed from the airbox.?
Yep. It has to be connected or the bike won't idle right and the FI light will come on.
Connected where.

I could just connect it to the airbox and put the airbox on a chair next to the bike so it'll reach...

(heavybusa @ Nov. 30 2006,19:15) I'm sure I need to do this but it seems itimidating.
Its easy to do, hardest thing is removing the airbox.

Just trying to figure out the correct way to connect the hoses.

Yeah, you have to unscrew that sensor from the airbox and then reconnect it. Works fine if you just let it hang out somewhere. Hold it in your teeth if you like!!
biggrin.gif

Hope you got it all working. The yellow arrows, I think may be the most critical. The CA bikes are definitely different. I never could even find a picture of it, really.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Dec. 01 2006,10:13) Yeah, you have to unscrew that sensor from the airbox and then reconnect it.  Works fine if you just let it hang out somewhere.  Hold it in your teeth if you like!!  
biggrin.gif

Hope you got it all working.  The yellow arrows, I think may be the most critical.  The CA bikes are definitely different.  I never could even find a picture of it, really.

--Wag--
Thanks, heading out to try it again.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back