throttle sleeve

jamesnismo

Registered
during my trip to daytona my throttle sleeve got cracked and it needs replaced.... anyone have a how to? obviously the bar end, grip, then what? any help would be great....

Pretty simple actaully, removing the bar end is actually the hardest if you've never done it before.
In case you haven't, I wrapped a web strap around the b ar end with a pair of vise grips and used it like a oil filter wrench while turning the screw. Those damn things are tight the first time you ever try to remove them.

After that, theres simply 2 bolts in the bottom of the switch assembly, remove them and the housing opens up and the grip is right there. Just remove the throttle cables and it free.

Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if the bar end comes of easy.

cool thanks, what about the rectangular "plug" right above the starter? it seems like it is holding it together.....

Nope, thats just a plug, it fills the spot that would be your turnsignal slider on your left switch.

You'll have to completely remove the srews and seperate the housing, there's a little pin that aligns the housing up to the bar so it's always in the correct position.

P3 phillips bit for the bar end or you will strip it out.
smile.gif

Back