Throttle problems

jbv9exj

Registered
When I ease on the throttle my bike takes off fine but if I gun it doesn't pick up speed like its Trina cut off

My 2000 was doing that when i twisted up to 5000rpm it would stutter i would have to release the throttle then it would do the same thing. this was after I changed out the throttle position sensor and I did the throttle body sync. I am still trying to figure out what is causing this. Could it be a tight intake or exhaust valve? I have a new spark plugs, velocity stacks,bmc race air filter, pcIII and two brother m2 shorty slip on exhaust. Can someone please give some kind of insight on this?

My 2000 was doing that when i twisted up to 5000rpm it would stutter i would have to release the throttle then it would do the same thing. this was after I changed out the throttle position sensor and I did the throttle body sync. I am still trying to figure out what is causing this. Could it be a tight intake or exhaust valve? I have a new spark plugs, velocity stacks,bmc race air filter, pcIII and two brother m2 shorty slip on exhaust. Can someone please give some kind of insight on this?

is the pc mapped ?

you may have a fuel starvation issue from a slightly blocked filter (maybe)
also try running some fuel system cleaner Redex etc through it too as it often clears things like this (allow 2-3 tanks full) so it has time to work.

is the pc mapped ?

you may have a fuel starvation issue from a slightly blocked filter (maybe)
also try running some fuel system cleaner Redex etc through it too as it often clears things like this (allow 2-3 tanks full) so it has time to work.

yes my PCIII has a custom map, I have a 2000 I did the fuel filter modification so i am now external brand new fuel filter its really confusing. what about my stator causing it or could it be compression issues.

Unplug your power commander and see how it acts. If it's better, there is your problem. (common)

You can check your stator easily. Take off left fairing, unplug the stator from the harness, start the bike, take a multimeter and check the AC voltage coming from the stator. this won't hurt the bike. (stick both prongs of multimeter inside the harness and you should get at or above 65v at 5k rpm. Stick it in the other wires, then the others until you've checked all three wires.) You can check the resistance also to make sure that all three wires are connected properly to the stator. Switch the multimeter to resistance and look for a reading. (really any reading will do)

Also you might as well change the plugs. The bike can always use em.

btw original poster...who's Trina?

Unplug your power commander and see how it acts. If it's better, there is your problem. (common)

You can check your stator easily. Take off left fairing, unplug the stator from the harness, start the bike, take a multimeter and check the AC voltage coming from the stator. this won't hurt the bike. (stick both prongs of multimeter inside the harness and you should get at or above 65v at 5k rpm. Stick it in the other wires, then the others until you've checked all three wires.) You can check the resistance also to make sure that all three wires are connected properly to the stator. Switch the multimeter to resistance and look for a reading. (really any reading will do)

Also you might as well change the plugs. The bike can always use em.

btw original poster...who's Trina?

Trina is short hand for trying to,

I am going to try the stator today see if that is the issue because a few weeks ago I ran it hard on a canyon run and when I got home the next morning I fired up and the battery was dead. I have a rectifier so I am changing that out today see if that fixes the issue if not next is stator...

Back