throttle position sensor?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I downloade the service manual and for some reason I still not be able to find it. the manual said that is 2 little screws but i can't find those screws anywhere. can somebody guide me the right direction. my airbox is already out and looking at the throttle boddies i can't find the 2 screws in my 2003. help please thanks for looking

2003 only has one screw. You don't need to have the airbox removed to get to it, just the left side fairings and the tank up. It's on the left side (if sitting on) the bike, just on the side and in front of the left most stack. Rhythm and I just set ours. Maybe he'll chime in with a pic for you. Good luck.

You will need a security torx wrench (purchased from any auto part store) to loosen the gold bolt in the photo below securing the TPS sensor (blue,yellow and black wire attached to it). After you have loosened it, twist  the TPS sensor  in a up or down movement if your TPS bar is not set in the middle position when looking at your gauge cluster.

DSC01028.jpg

mine was on the left side between the front seat and rear seat between the frame and body. hidden in there is a white plug with a black cover. I had to remove the tail section to find it. maybe you don't have to do that mine was hidden beacuse i have all kind of work done in there.

ahhhh good ol' search. the service manual for 1999-2000 did'nt match up with my 2006. thanks fellas
beerchug.gif

Back