Throttle lock, anybody use it?

I use a Throttlemeister myself, but this one works on the same principal. Both can be readily overriden if need be, just twist the throttle shut. Will save you a lot of hand/wrist fatigue on a long slab ride, or provide a break for same on any straight stretch.
Downside, they maintain steady throttle. You'll have to adjust for any up hill/down hill you encounter.
As for safety, no problem there that I see.

Here's an additional recommendation for a Throttlemeister-type device. Really frees you up on the bike, and saves your wrist. Downside on T-meister is they're 3 to 4x more costly than the one you're looking at (in the link). But as was said, the Throttlemeister integrates well into the rest of the bike--you don't realize it's there, based on it resembling bar-ends. Which is an added feature--there's the 'standard' weight, and 'heavy' weight, with the latter especially working to damper out vibration (another cause of hand fatigue).

Shameless plug, but I'm parting out my bike to pay for upcoming tuition and that includes the Throttlemeisters I just installed this year if you're interested in getting a pair in black and not having to pay full retail. They're in perfect condition. I originally purchased them from one of our sponsors - Pashnit!

How easy is it to use while riding? I mean, I would think the one I linked to would be easyer to use, or am I wrong?
Thanks.
Mikael.

I use Throttlemeister as well. Its ok but you are always putzing with it at lower revs/speeds - ie highway speeds. Its of no use at all if the terrain isn't flat. There is no great throttle lock but it is better than a lot of the crap out there. Gives your throttle hand a break on long trips.

Buy Now: Throttlemeister Throttle Lock for Motorcycles | PashnitMoto.com

There's a reason why the Throttlemeister is so well known and so well loved by the riders that used them. I've got 60-70,000 miles on mine and you get so used to having it on the bike, can't live without it. Have ridden 500 miles in last two days and used it on and off for the entire day.

finish_black.jpg

finish_choices_800.jpg

throttle3.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

suzuki_BigBSBusa2.jpg

finish_black.jpg

finish_choices_800.jpg

throttle3.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

suzuki_BigBSBusa2.jpg

Throttlemeister :thumbsup: And yes it is easy to use. You just give a twist on the bar end to lock the throttle. Now when you hear LOCK dont get nerves. It more less puts a bind on the throttle. You can easily turn the throttle still while it is locked. Its a saftey feature. Plus as stated they look good.

i've used a tiny bungee cord double wrapped around the handle bar. just thumb the cord over the grip when i want to use it. i rarely use it. i have a throttle rocker/cramp buster, works great on the highway, will get you killed in town. might want to try a cheep alt. before shelling out the cash for a fancy one.:whistle:

I remember people talking about putting an O-ring between their grip, and bar end I think ?

Not sure how safe that would be though ?

LOVE'n those grips Pashnit !! Are they the Rizoma's ? How do you like them ?

Last edited:
Maybe I am stupid :-) but how do you turn it while holding the throttle?
I imagine that using the throttle lock I linked to, would be easier because you just pres it with your thumb?
Mikael.

Maybe I am stupid :-) but how do you turn it while holding the throttle?
I imagine that using the throttle lock I linked to, would be easier because you just pres it with your thumb?
Mikael.

You just turn the Throttlemeister which "pinches" the throttle tube. From there you can move the throttle to whatever position you want and it will stay. Works nice for moving in between different speed limits as there's no need to disengage the throttlemeister, just twist the throttle forward or back to the correct speed and it holds.

I love my throttle Meister. Most peeps do not even know it is on there till they see me stretching my right hand and not losing speed:rofl:

I'd like to see a pic of the Throttle Lock installed. I have Kuryakyn Iso Grips on mine and the Throttlemeister wont work. I called them and asked, the guy told me they's love to get with Kury but it hasnt happened yet. :(

Back