throttle lag, hesitation, hicup

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
when I am cruising along at a slow pace and whack the throttle, I get a half second or so lag...it almost bogs like throttle closed for a mili to a half second and then wham...full power.

The bike runs really well other than that (and it's driving me crazy).

I've got an HMF dual high rise with a power commander running the map off the PC website.

I noticed this a little while back, at the time I was running a map a buddy sent me, so I took it off
and put the webmap on and balanced the throttle bodies and took off my tre. Didn't help...(this was about a month ago)

I did a search of the board and and reset the throttle position (high and low) on the power commander and retweeked/rebalanced the throttle bodies (last week)...lag is still there.

I also tightened the throttle cables, I like em tight. I actually got em to tight and had cruise control...whoops, backed 'em off a bit...didn't help.

I was cruising yesterday and the light hit yellow on me, so I whached it...there was the lag/closed throttle again.

Everything else is good, plugs changed every 7000, oil changed every 3000, bmc air filter...I'm out of ideas short of letting the local idiot stealership rob me for it.

Any ideas, do you think a custom PC map would eliminate it?

sounds like a different map could help. I know in the old muscle car days, if you had a carb that wasn't set up right, it could do just what you're describing.

Many tuners do not pay attention to the 2% and 5% cells. Cruising at a slow pace, the 2% column is what is going to be in running.

Which map are you using M312-019? Do you have a modded air box?

Sounds like the map or the PC. Try playing with the Mid range and the high range up 2 notches each.

PM me with an email addy. Let me send you a couple to try to see if it makes a difference.

You'll be better off getting it mapped correctly, but this might be worth a try until then.

'06 but I got 24000 on it...it's my daily ride.

Pm sent and thanks.

hi there!
I've got a similar problem , big hesitation when accelerating after changing gear 2,3 and after a while stops at the traffic lights and it doesn't start for about 10-15 minutes. But if riding on motorway no problems at all.I have checked all the sensors by the manual and everything looks perfect.Have changed the plugs with new iridium ones and it does less but still there.
Any suggestions?
Thank You!

Just roll into it. If you are progressive with the throttle and don't just pin it. Your 'busa is smooth like butta
coolold.gif

Probably not the problem but, at low RPM my bike was running rough and I figured out it was because I was using gas that had 10% ethenal in it. I started putting the non ethenal gas in it and the problem solved. Good luck with your bike.

I thought about the ethenal...but every darn gas station in the area I can find has ethenal in it.
wtf.gif

I was told (before GPW did my tune) that if you start hitting the buttons on the PC, it will mess your whole map up, is this true ?

Back