Throttle Cables OFF for new grips

Towboater68

Registered
Ok im trying to get my new grips installed that i just got in but i can't seem to figure out how to pop out the cables to remove old grip. Any tricks or ideas?

i loosened the cables as much as i could turned the handle and slipped the first one out and reverse for the second cable

Why are you wanting to take the throttle tube off to change the grips? I just slice the old ones off with a razor blade and glue the new ones on.

Why are you wanting to take the throttle tube off to change the grips? I just slice the old ones off with a razor blade and glue the new ones on.

+1 Unless you are trying to save stockers ???

There was someone here who did that also without taking anything part, think he used air pressure.. but if you going to dump them cut them.

The grips I purchased are the black anodized aluminum ones with Hayabusa engraved in them so they are complete replacement with the piece on the end that the cable ends attach too so I have to get them off. I am down to maybe removing the faring and taking the cables off off the carbs to give me the slack needed to get grip off. So new question is which side do I take off to get to the carbs?

Lift up the tank to get at the adjusters on the throttle bodies...also loosen the adjusters at the switch housing. Take your time when you get the parts back together to be sure you did not hinder the function of the throttle. Try moving the steering full right and full left + leave a bit of slack in the cable so it is not super sensitive.

Back