Throttle body synch, how sweet it is :)

ZeePopo

Registered
2008 with 20k on her, had the throttle body synched, out the door for 86 bucks :laugh:. Guys said the tb's weren't too far off but enough for me to feel and hear the difference now that they are synched. Now to measure the valves and adjust them. I'm sure they are off by a bit too. I'm neurotic when it comes to engines hahaha

All sync'd up...cool.:thumbsup: I'm on my 5th Busa,never once were the under bucket shims in need of adjustment,but ya never know.Maybe I didn't own them long enough.:laugh: Actually,I ran the same one for 4 years. Lots of miles put on that one.

I just sync'd up the TB's on both my Busa's. Only one needed a major tweek out of all 8. These motor's are pretty damb tight.:bowdown:

RSD.

BTW Zeepo, if yer having a shop check the clearances,do not be surprised to receive a bill for labour that is a pinch higher than 86 bucks when you come out.:whistle:

It will take several hours.

RSD.

Oh they quoted me close to 500 bucks for checking and adjusting clearences. Screw that lol. I'm doing it all myself. Getting some feeler gauges tomorrow.

Oh they quoted me close to 500 bucks for checking and adjusting clearences. Screw that lol. I'm doing it all myself. Getting some feeler gauges tomorrow.

Thats actually a good price if it includes adjustments. Checking is the easy part,pulling cam shafts and re/re of the shims is a bit involved.

Good luck with it.

RSD.

Unless there is noise or the bike is down on power, I'd leave the valve cover on and ride it.
I've never seen a stock bike that needed any adjustment.

All sync'd up...cool.:thumbsup: I'm on my 5th Busa,never once were the under bucket shims in need of adjustment,but ya never know.Maybe I didn't own them long enough.:laugh: Actually,I ran the same one for 4 years. Lots of miles put on that one.

I just sync'd up the TB's on both my Busa's. Only one needed a major tweek out of all 8. These motor's are pretty damb tight.:bowdown:

RSD.

Rubb, since you did the synch on your Gen II, is it true that you need the SDS software tool to reset the ISC valve after you have made adjustments? Manual indicates that you need to have the ECU re-learn the new positions after synching so that it does not run worse.
thanks

Rubb, since you did the synch on your Gen II, is it true that you need the SDS software tool to reset the ISC valve after you have made adjustments? Manual indicates that you need to have the ECU re-learn the new positions after synching so that it does not run worse.
thanks

My '09 was spot on across the board.Didn't touch any of the TB's. My 07 needed 1 adjusted. Gen II's are new to me Bro. So I did not break out the book or go any further. Sorry man,do not have your answer this time.

Rubb.

Or...dont worry about it. They whent out of sync without messing with anything...why not stick 'em back in sync without messing with anything.

Its just a mechanical/vacuum thing.:dunno:

All of this sync krap...I dunno. Its great at idle,and up to 3 or 4 grand...then what. Well,then she screams.

Grip it...and rip it.

RSD.

Gents,
I am using the Heal Tech Suzuki OBD tool and software. It comes with everything you need in a nice case and you get life time software updates. Loads into your lap top, connects to the white plug on the bike. It does everything the SDS box does with a black screen format, and up to date software base. I had originally bought the real SDS box from Suzuki but they no longer make the software CD’s to use it, even though they list a good part number for it. Bike Bandit was first class and let me return the SDS box for a full refund even though it was an electrical item.

Back