Throttle Body Sync

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Looking for an inexpensive/effective sync tool for my throttle bodies. Have used homemade hose/mercury setups in the past but would rather not this time.

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences with one with 4 gauges?

Also, anything other than what the manual says? pretty straight forward I would imagine.

I have a four tube mercury style by Motion Pro - does the job. I think they make one now with floating pistons instead of mercury. I Would like to try it.
I thought the manual sucks for tuning. Do a topic search from Jinkster - he has a great explanation with pics.

I have those same mercury sticks. Ask Lamb how they work.

--Wag--

here's what i was telling you about at the M&G. i have the carbtune II, this is the PRO but they're basically the same. pretty simple and easy to use.

carbtune linky

if you doubt you'll use it much, i can mail you mine and it'll save you a C note.

(psycobusa @ Sep. 05 2007,02:29) here's what i was telling you about at the M&G. i have the carbtune II, this is the PRO but they're basically the same. pretty simple and easy to use.

carbtune linky

if you doubt you'll use it much, i can mail you mine and it'll save you a C note.
How bout I just shoot on up IH10 and you show me how it works. 3 hours in my Maxima... 2 hours in my Camaro... 1 hour on the Busa.
beerchug.gif

Same here if I come down to Houston can you get me hooked up I need a card sync. If you want I can grab a set of Motion Pro mercury sticks from the shop and we can do a carb sync get together sync up the carbs then take the bikes for a spin.

I second the Carb Tune Pro. I did my first TB Sync last week using Jinkster's write up
beerchug.gif
(a must for first timers!), and they were very easy to use.

Instead of mercury they use stainless steel rods, so there's no danger of sucking mercury into your engine.

I also changed the plugs which took longer than doing the syncing.

Bike runs noticeably smoother, especially when changing gears
muscle.gif

This is what i use, its pricy but well worth it!

35-9589 Electronic Carb synchronizer

K&L Supply

Don't the guages have to be sent in for recalibration? Not necessary with the Merc Stix.

--Wag--

Back